Indian Music Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Raag

Reply with quote  #1 
This app looks amazing... can't wait to share it with my tabla player friends!! Really nice to see a Lehra app with real instrument recordings, that can be tempo controlled while staying in key

Good job Aman
bidi

Reply with quote  #2 
Great work Aman!!!

It sounds really really nice!! It wll be very inspiring to use this app for our tabla ryaaz, i can't wait to have this on my phone...
ssivarajan

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Aman,
I have been looking for a IPad practice software, where you can plug in the Kaida bols from your teacher and practice along.
No one on earth has one. Thanks
deep

Reply with quote  #4 
This looks very promising going by the videos and screenshots. Would love to give it a try. Well done!
ssivarajan

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Aman, me again. I'm buying yours, the moment it arrives
Please remember my request for a practice IPad/ Mac software, like the tabla Riaz.
You can create in such a way that the tabla sounds real in comparison to "Tabla Riaz". That'll be one and only app of this kind. Ty.
deep

Reply with quote  #6 
Is this released? Don't see it on App Store yet..
deep

Reply with quote  #7 
First impression: Awesome! Very clean & intuitive interface. Job well done!

Just listened to all the loops to get a feel and I think this is indeed a huge leap compared to what was available. It would have been nice if there was a Lite version but the paid version certainly doesn't disappoint.

Just curious - Are the Sarangi recordings done in one scale and digitally modified for others? At few pitches, it sounds bit sharp. Santoor Lehras are great!

Would you be adding Intros in the next version? It would be nice to have those if anyone has to use the app for Solo performances.

Can't wait to do riaz on this. More later..
sftablaplayer

Reply with quote  #8 
Hello Aman...I purchased the app last night and its fantastic save for one problem and please let me know what I'm missing.
After about 6 minutes the app powers off of its own accord. So I tried auto-lock on my phone set to off and it still shut off after 6 minutes while I was practicing. Of course continuous playback is crucial for Riyaz with an app. I looked everywhere on the app and the website trying to figure it out. The curious part about it is that I went to sleep listening to it and wok up 3 hrs late with the app still playing. ???? Please advise and many thanks
evening84

Reply with quote  #9 
Good product overall. Looking forward to updates with more leheras.
Also, would be nice to extend the range down from A# (for the aficionados of larger head tablas) - although that may require multiple recordings at a few different pitches as software can only transpose up and down a few semitones well.

dinegine

Reply with quote  #10 
Is lehra studio lite the same as lehra studio?

The link takes me to lehra studio lite, is this the only version?

It's priced at
mewan75

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi,

Do you plan to develop the app on android ? It would be great for non iphone users.

Thanks and bravo for the contribution to the tabla community.

Mewan
mewan75

Reply with quote  #12 
That's a great news !
Can't wait to try it.

Mewan
Acelga

Reply with quote  #13 
Congratulations on the software, such thing was really needed.

Just bought it and after 20 minutes of practicing already noticed how bad I am at playing with "live" instruments.

Used to the electronic lehra with the 8-bit horrible fake and annoying sound, this is like another world. I used to think I had a good timing, but now I see I have to concentrate on playing correctly with this sounds, for the occasions when I have to improvise with live indian musicians.

Some constructive criticism: the Sarangi sounds a little bit weird when you play it slower than 40 bpm (like articially speeded down) but then the Santoor is great for slow tempos. I like to practice my Peshkar stuff from 40 to 50 bpm so this is the first thing I checked. And I can
dshal

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Aman,
First off, thanks for making the app, it's really nice to have a sampled authentic lehra machine with a simple and intuitive interface.

As points of improvement, I would really recommend separating nagma and compostions. I feel that the type of practice and the experience of playing to these two different types of lehra is quite different and its important to have some of each type on each instrument. Otherwise the tendency is to have sarangi nagma and all the other instruments play only compositions.

Also, I think that Bansuri as a lehra is best avoided. Although it can be nice for practicing Bansuri accopaminment, sitar, sarod and harmonium serve as stronger lehra.

Looking forward for the updates, and thanks again for developing the app

D
mangataot

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Hi Aman,
I have been looking for a IPad practice software, where you can plug in the Kaida bols from your teacher and practice along.
No one on earth has one. Thanks
Hi All,

Sorry for the blatant self promotion but in answer to the question above from ssivarajan might I point out the Tablalab Riyaz app.
This has a lot of common phrases in the tabla vocabulary which are played by the app for the user to repeat or improvise with.
Tempo and pitch are fully adjustable and there is a wide range of content.
This is for iPad but you can also try it out on the website: http://www.tablalab.com

In terms of an app where you can write in your own tabla bols. I tried that too but I only got as far as making a Flash based web app but it is quite useable and you can even save out your composition and reload it later or export it as a wav file.
That is available on this webpage:
http://www.marcclayton.net/mecaudio/?page_id=58

Also if you like the Tablalab FB page here you'll see when I create new apps and updates:
https://www.facebook.com/TablaLab

Shameless hijacking of this thread (sort of) but at least I'm answering a valid question on the topic.
Finally, I bought Lehra Studio a week or so ago and I really love it. Wonderful app and I can see that it really works for riyaz and probably for performance too. Thanks for creating, Aman - a great job!

Marc

Try them out at Tablalab.com
http://www.mecaudio.co.uk
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.