INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
adunc069

Reply with quote  #1 
Abdul Latif mentioned comparing improv techniques from guitar to sitar. Sounds interesting. Here's my 2 rupees worth.

I guess for sitar with rags and structures, you can take work from one rag and put it in the other one. With guitar, I guess jazz imparticular you have similar chord patterns repeated in different keys, and if you brought everything over one chord/drone like sitar, you'd hear similar patterns of improvisation just like in ICM. Like I said, 2 Rs. worth.

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow 2 rupes thats more then I usually get for a gig, i'll send you my Paypal info!!!

Ok I ran across this shareware for PC. It looks like it would be helpful for Fuse akkk akk aakk composers. Basically it analyzes music from Windows Media Player and scrolls the chords closest to whats being played as well as giving secondary options. So... for those who might want to use a particular raag along with western style harmony and chord progressions this software will do the heavy lifting. the bummer is that its a 2 week free trial but thats enough time to see how it works and if its worth purchasing. Have at it and report back http://dbhovel.com/Extras/MuseOn.aspx

ps: Send those rupes asap, I want to buy another sitar before T gets to pricy for us peons :wink:

Reply with quote  #3 
that's kind of an almost useful transcribing tool. It'd be cool if something would transcribe...oh let's say ICM in notes or ICM letters....oh well, it's good to use the ears too :-)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.