INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sitarman

Reply with quote  #1 
I have posted this some time back but wasn't really committed to selling this but, unfortunately, I do need to.

It is a 1993 Hiren Roy, left-handed, that took almost a year to make. The sale was negotiated through the old Ali Akbar Khan Music Sore in San Rafael. It was originally setup in RS style but has gone back and forth between VK stringing and RS stringing.
It also has a small 24k gold OM inlaid into the headpiece.

It plays beautifully and he Tarabs sing out incredibly. It does still need to open up a bit as I have mainly played an MPS from the 90's and have neglected this HR. (so it needs a loving home!)
I need to put some money into one of my guitars (which I use professionally) and am forced therefore to sell one of my two sitars. Since this one has more name appeal and history I hope a left handed player who wants a quality instrument (without a log wait!) will contact me.
I would rather sell direct before going through one of the very respectable dealers/builders on this forum.
I'll pay shipping to anywhere in the continental US. I am asking $1800, which is actually less than I paid in 93 and seems to me a fair price. (It will probably cost me a couple hundred dollars to professionally pack and ship it).
It has a fake leather case, and is in close to perfect condition. The upper tumba had a small hairline crack which was repaired
Photos attached. More are available.

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_1876.JPG (117.65 KB, 1 views)
jpeg IMG_1877.JPG (117.80 KB, 1 views)
jpeg IMG_1878.JPG (93.49 KB, 1 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.