Reply with quote  #1 

Pdt. Vibhav Pandharinath Nageshkar
Bhagi

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow!

Protest Warrior sign.
SarangiLal

Reply with quote  #3 
Wonderful - thirakwa used to play this a lot.

Anyone have the exact bols of this?
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #4 
Glad you liked it.

Very few people have herd Thirakawa khan saheb's laggi's. So, I would be interested in learning where you have herd it khan saheb play this or any other laggi? Simply curious because the population of this group is very small in my encounters thus far.
SarangiLal

Reply with quote  #5 
Sure. Check 4:00 of this video. Thirakwa plays the exact same laggi but uses it as a base for Rao rather then using it as a laggi in the traditional sense.

Also, I believe this is Thirakwa accompanying Keserbai Kerkar's bhairavi bhajan in kherwa.

http://www.moutal.eu/images/music/indian/vocal/kesarbaikerkar/kesrabaikerkarbhairaviconcert.mp3
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for sharing the kesaribai recording. Very nice!

You should also listen to balgandharva where ustad AJT saheb has accompanied with some nice laggis. I think there is a youtube video pretty explicitly labeled.

Another artist is Guharjan where AJT saheb played some brilliant laggis. These are from his younger days. A lot of his laggi's he passed them to respected pdt. nikhil ghosh one of my favorite artist, pdt. nayan ghosh.

The first youtube video at 4 min is the farrukhabad chalan and not a laggi in my mind.

As a side mention, listen to ustad Nizamuddin khan saheb for laggis extraordinaire. I can never have enough of Nizamuddin Saheb.
pbercker

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "SarangiLal"
Wonderful - thirakwa used to play this a lot.

Anyone have the exact bols of this?

I've been listening to this beautiful laggi over and over again trying to decipher it ... the best I can come up with is something like this ...

Ge Dha Ti Ta Ge Dha Tin - | Ge Dha Ti Ta Ge Dha Tin -
Ge Dha Tin - Ge Dha Tin - | Ge Dha Ti Ta Ge Dha Tin -

(Ta = Na, and some Tins may well be Dhins).

But I'm very uncertain about this ... maybe someone can help clean it up and make it more precise.

(There's one small section right at the beginning - 28 seconds into it - where for about 15 seconds the rhythm sounds like the chant ...

The Peo Ple - | U Ni Ted - | Will Ne Ver Be De Fea Ted - |

If you articulate each syllable slowly you'll probably hear it. It's stuck in my head and keeps looping! )

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
SarangiLal

Reply with quote  #8 
White India covers the laggi/rao - whatever you want to call it in this online lesson - Very informative. Check 15:00 of the below video.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.