INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
This is an interesting kaida, its interest being that it is in movement of 3s. The utube vid is a short recitation and performance of the kaida theme (in red) by Aloke Dutta (from his cassette tape, which accounts for the sub-par sound quality. I've included one variation, below the theme).

http://imageshack.us/a/img337/7839/kaidainmovementof3s.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(It almost feels like a rela to me).

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #2 
This looks like a good Kaida Pascal - a different version of kaidas I have come across before -
I see pretty traditional kaida structure here - 3rd line is fully khali, etc -

I assume the bol "ne" is played with the ring finger ?

When I get the time I'll try write it down and play it -

1) Movement of 3's? I'm not sure what you mean by that? do you mean by the Dhatirkit dhe te te ?
2) yes I don't think it is a rela - but a kaida - I've come accross similar kaidas but they start with DhaTirkit DhageNa - but yours starts with Dha Ge Na - which is interesting

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TablaBeatz"

When I get the time I'll try write it down and play it -

1) Movement of 3's? I'm not sure what you mean by that? do you mean by the Dhatirkit dhe te te ?
2) yes I don't think it is a rela - but a kaida - I've come accross similar kaidas but they start with DhaTirkit DhageNa - but yours starts with Dha Ge Na - which is interesting
"ne" is indeed the ring finger.

Aloke Dutta does not explain what he means by saying it is in a movement of 3s, but I find that when I try to play it feels like "1 2 3 1 2 3" with the accent on 1. I'm assuming that's what he means by it.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Christianamr

Reply with quote  #4 
Maybe by " movement in 3s " they mean it is in triolic subdivision , like saying 3 beats per count .
I dont remember exactly , but sometimes the terms " tishra " , " tishram " , " Tishra gati " and " tishra jati " are used for describing that . ( either hindustani and/or carnatic ) .

The link sounds clearly triolic .

TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Christianamr"
Maybe by " movement in 3s " they mean it is in triolic subdivision , like saying 3 beats per count .
I dont remember exactly , but sometimes the terms " tishra " , " tishram " , " Tishra gati " and " tishra jati " are used for describing that . ( either hindustani and/or carnatic ) .

YES you are right it is infact 3 beats per count and/or 3 beats per matra!!

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
Christianamr

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TablaBeatz"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Christianamr"

YES you are right it is infact 3 beats per count and/or 3 beats per matra!!
Thanks !

Looking back in the thread , I just found out that pbercker has already hinted at it .
Concerning the terms I

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.