INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
adunc069

Reply with quote  #1 
Jor/Jhalla videos have been added

part one

part two

putting myself on the "chopping block"..........

sitarman

Reply with quote  #2 
Adam,
Back after toooo long a break from the forum (got sidetracked with some very busy classic rock guitar performing and a big move.... anyway....
First thing I did after the long exile was to listen to your you tube vids. Very impressive. You obviuously have spent much serious time digesting Ustadji's teaching and you should be proud of the results.
Thanks for sharing.
Now that I'm settled in to my new place (still in the Baked Apple- Tucson) and have enough rehearsals under the belt that my electric band alter ego can go on autopilot I hope to get down to some serious sitar precticing myself.
Ustadji will be staying at a house In Phoenix in July and I have booked an evening lesson with the Master. Wish it could be more but I'll take what I can get. It can't hurt, that's for sure.

I have two sditars, and neither have the deflection on the tarbs as yours does. Thinking of maybe modifying the string paths but I'm a bit scared to drill holes in the neck, although I do my own basic maintenance, Jawari, etc. That sure is a nice touch though, being able to pick out the first two tarbs. Anybody done their own mods like that?
Mulamoodan

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice.. I hereby confer to you the title of 'Almost Ustad'.
adunc069

Reply with quote  #4 
Hey Sitarman, the sitar is a custom jobby from Sanjay Rikhi Ram. I had it built and asked for the deflectors. Well worth the 3 month wait and chunk of change :-)
Agape

Reply with quote  #5 
Your Jor/Jhala is VERY solid - nice touch and volume control in between the pauses and/or phrases -very good control and timing - also nice smooth pinky control for the off beat sympathetic hits. Good work moving your foot with the beat. I cannot stress enough the importance of this - or at least it was stressed to me like there was no choice in the matter.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.