INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Joanna Mack

Reply with quote  #1 
Yesterday I went to the AACM store and had jawari done by Kalyan. He listened very carefully about what it was that I wanted, clarified any potential language discrepancies, and then made the jarwari exactly how we had discussed. He was open to feedback and eager to make slight adjustments to suit my taste. I was very impressed with his sensitivity and sincerity, and would highly recommend his work.
Thanks Kalyan and everyone at the AACM store!
Joanna Mack
element-82

Reply with quote  #2 
Joanna, you are lucky you can just drop by and get jawari done! That is a real convenience. I wish I was as lucky. I left a long trail of messed up jawaris behind me, before I finally figured it out. BTW what is the cost of jawari work, if you don't mind me asking, just so that I can get an idea as to how much people charge.

Pb
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Joanna
Yesterday I went to the AACM store and had jawari done by Kalyan. He listened very carefully about what it was that I wanted, clarified any potential language discrepancies, and then made the jarwari exactly how we had discussed. He was open to feedback and eager to make slight adjustments to suit my taste. I was very impressed with his sensitivity and sincerity, and would highly recommend his work.
Thanks Kalyan and everyone at the AACM store!
Joanna Mack

povster

Reply with quote  #3 
That's wonderful, Joanna. I will be taking my Hiren to him soon to do some finer adjustments to the sympathetic bridge. They are not ringing as I would desire. Having spoken in person and on the phone with Kalyan a few times, I am impressed with his sincerity and attitude towards the instruments.
Joanna Mack

Reply with quote  #4 
element-82-I think the price of jawari would depend on what kind of work you wanted done. For example, I did all the pre-jawari work myself-changed my own strings, polished my frets, and my pegs were all fine, etc. etc. I can tell you that he was very reasonable (and this is coming from someone who is still in the habit of thinking in rupees :wink: ) I think the best thing for you to do would be to call the store and talk to him in person.
and, element-82, I really do feel lucky!
Joanna
sitarman

Reply with quote  #5 
I know Brian Godden used to do all the ACCM work for years. I guess Kalyan has taken over all or much of it, true? Brian did jawari on my symp bridge recently for the same problem. After years of tweaking on my part on jawari and intonation, etc. the tarbs were really dead. When I got it back from him I was amazed at the sound. The Hiren Roy now has loud ringing tarbs on every note. Quite beautiful. So I highly recommend his work in that area.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.