INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
IstvanMedgyesi

Reply with quote  #1 
I just got a copy of this book/CD set the other day. I've really been enjoying Abdul Halim Jaffer Khan's playing alot, and knew this was out of print/hard to get...I found a copy on Lark in the Morning (their instruments might be lacking, but they have a decent selection of books), they probably still have more if anyone is looking.

Anyway, the book portion is very nicely arranged, and has some great info on the author and instrument. There are some amazing photos, and really detailed information on his playing style and techniques. The last section contains a few gat compositions. The CD really brings the manual to life. For every subject covered in the book, there is a coresponding video where Abdul Jaffer Khan (accompanied by his son Zunain, and Subush Kamath on tabla) demonstrates the techniques.

Very good book, highly recommended for anyone who enjoys his playing.

Peace
tligen

Reply with quote  #2 
I really like his style and his playing in the past but now he's quite old and not at his best.
He seems to be a nice person an the book is great, bought mine at: http://www.adityaprakashan.com/?bibliaimpex.com

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.