INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
rex@sitar.co.za

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello

Has anyone used this iTabla software for the iPhone and iPod Touch?

http://www.itabla.com/en/Tabla.html

It looks promising... but...

I find it extremely odd that it can't be purchased through the iTunes store. The company is very vague as to why they don't sell it through iTunes. Why not? That means you can only use it if you have a jailbroken iPhone, which is a risky proposition.

Does anyone out there know anything more about this software?
theprosperone

Reply with quote  #2 
One app called Itabla is available in the app store, several forum members already have it and its great! There is a thread in the general discussion about it. I bought it through the app store. I think the app in your link is a different app though because the interface looks different than the one I have on the ipod touch. I'm sure the creator of the itabla I have that was recently released can shed some light on this, they are a forum member here.
rex@sitar.co.za

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, I'll check out that thread

EDIT: I just checked. Yes, it's totally different software, and looks really good.

http://upasani.org/home/iTablaPro.html
tablaji22

Reply with quote  #4 
itablapro is a new app and it's awesome!

itabla came out awhile back (2008 i believe) as a free app in itunes, but to activate it (so it would run more than 60 seconds) you had to pay the programmer directly, $150. Because he had it set up to bypass Apple and therefore not paying royalties, Apple removed it from the app store. You can still purchase it from the author but personally I'm really happy with itablapro and it's companion apps, itanpura and ilehra.
rex@sitar.co.za

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for explaining that!

Ah, I thought perhaps the publisher of that software was trying a trick like that, which explains why Apple pulled it... as they should have!

I'm looking forward to trying out iTablaPro
tablaji22

Reply with quote  #6 
oh and just to be clear, the two apps are from different people:

iTablapro is by Prasad Upasani, a super nice guy out of California who enjoys hearing feedback from users.

iTabla is by Vidya Multimedia out of India. I own the desktop version of iTabla for Mac and am happy with that program as well. I still have the limited run-time iTabla on my ipod but now that iTablapro is out I may just delete it.

cheers
gjeram

Reply with quote  #7 
itabla pro = very good sound and easy to use.
financier

Reply with quote  #8 
have Riyaz Studio on laptop,,just got iTabla pro,,,love it,,,,,don't have to carry my laptop to where ever I wanna practice. Just a couple little speakers.

Reply with quote  #9 
I have a couple of querys about iTablapro App.
1. When the App is playing tabala on iPhone, would an incoming call ring through?
2. With one purchase, can I get the App on all my Hardware I.e., iPone, iPad and desktop? When my family members want the phone or iPad I should be able to jump to the next available source to continue with my training.
3. Price is shown as $24.99 on the company website and $34.98 on AppStore. Where can I get it for $24.99?
Thanks for any input in this regard
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.