INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sridharrajagopal

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear members!

I am very happy to announce that a new app that I've been developing, "My TalaVadyam", is now available for download from the iTunes App Store. With that, you can create and playback carnatic percussion sequences on a "mridangam" on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. It is not available for Android yet, but I'm looking into it. I hope it will be useful for teachers and students of carnatic percussion, to have something to practice along with, or just to explore it.

You can read more about it here - http://www.upbeatlabs.com/My_TalaVadyam.html

Hope you will try it out, and let me know what you think! :-)

Regards,
Sridhar Rajagopal
cmorajkar

Reply with quote  #2 
Hello,

Really good information. And i visited your website. Different and fantastic thing you make.

Thanks
sridharrajagopal

Reply with quote  #3 
Hello folks!

It has been a very very long time, but I finally got the chance the do an update to My TalaVadyam! Version 3.0.1 was recently released. It has been updated to the latest version of iOS (iOS 13), but still supports devices all the way back to iOS 9. I've also completely revamped the Sequence Editor - you no longer have to struggle with correcting mistakes by starting from scratch. The Sequence Editor can be double tapped to increase its size for ease of use. It also support drag-and-drop reorganizing of notes & phrases, an insert mode allowing you to insert notes/phrases in the middle, and a delete mode where you can multi-select and delete notes/phrases. And the notes, phrases and silences are color coded, making the organization and readability better.

There have also been performance improvements and battery optimization (a big deal), and utilizing the bigger UI screens of newer phones/iPads. There is also swipe through help that will auto update when new content becomes available - useful to navigate the features of My TalaVadyam. Sequence content will also auto update when more content becomes available.

This update was done in conjunction with updates to Talanome and Talanome Lite, to mark the 9th anniversary of when Talanome was first released (My TalaVadyam was released about 2.5 years later).

Hope you like the updates!

Thanks,
Sridhar
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.