INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #31 
Pandit Marsicano "teaching" his young disciple. Poor Kid.

This one is his incredible rendering of Raga Bhairavi.

One more true gem
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #32 
Marsicano

Just caught a bit of that Love Supreme vid on youtube. Didn't have earphones so I couldn't hear it but it made me think.
Isn't this kind of performance completely geared around the guy & his ego in a VISUAL manner & really has naff all to do with the music???
I saw all the head/sitar waving & lousy technique & just thought of a freak show & not something associated with 'my' sitar.

Maybe this is the way to view ALL uses of sitar that don't relate directly to ICM in a serious manner?!?!?!? :wink: It would certainly get them 'off the hook' & maybe we can evaluate them in a different light.?!?!?!

What say you all????? :? :?

Nick
AllenDS

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
...Maybe this is the way to view ALL uses of sitar that don't relate directly to ICM in a serious manner?!?!?!? :wink: It would certainly get them 'off the hook' & maybe we can evaluate them in a different light.?!?!?!
Hey Nick,

I think you're right. All small fish deserve to be taken off the hook & tossed back .

In a strange way, I understand this guy and his antics because I spent a summer in Rio de Janeiro when I was 17. On the local Brazilian television there was a variety show that was hosted by a very bizarre fellow much like our beloved Shri Marsicano.

I was going to say more but just thinking about it, I'm suddenly dumfounded ops: .

Still Laughing,
Allen

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.