INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
drutgat

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragamala

I got my digital copy on loan from my local library, I can't find that elsewhere (eg archive.org, where I could borrow the Raga Mala book).

The only suggestion I have is signing up for Amazon Prime and getting the book in Kindle format during the free trial period. Assuming that's on offer same as here in UK.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

I am already on Amazon Prime, and that is where I read the excerpts of it that are available in the Kindle edition.

I am sure that my library system will get book eventually, and I am a little surprised that they do not already have it listed.
gillo

Reply with quote  #17 
Another book to check out is 'Komal Gandhar' - transcribed interviews with UVK - translated from Bengali into English from the publisher at http://www.nirmalsahityam.com/ 

UVK at p55 in response to a question about his most memorable concerts - "The most memorable concert in my life is the one in which Ali Akbar Khan Saheb, Ravishankerji and I performed in Delhi. It was unforgettable. That trio!" (goes on to mention other memorable solo concerts...)

drutgat

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillo
Another book to check out is 'Komal Gandhar' - transcribed interviews with UVK - translated from Bengali into English from the publisher at http://www.nirmalsahityam.com/ 

UVK at p55 in response to a question about his most memorable concerts - "The most memorable concert in my life is the one in which Ali Akbar Khan Saheb, Ravishankerji and I performed in Delhi. It was unforgettable. That trio!" (goes on to mention other memorable solo concerts...)

gillo, many thanks for letting us know about this book.

I am going to try to get it.

And thanks for that tantalizing quote.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.