INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
adambal9428

Reply with quote  #1 
I recently returned from school to discover that when I bent down to grab my yoga mat, there was an extremely sharp pain in my left hip. For the next hour or so, this pain became worse, to the point that I could hardly walk. I went to see a physiotherapist. He told me that it could be from the way I was sitting while playing tabla. Apparently it is very bad for your hip joints to spread outwards, the way they do when sitting cross-legged. He told me that I had inflammation. :?:

Any way to sit differently/exercises to help me be able to continue walking would be very much appreciated. At the moment I can't really play tabla.......... :| :| :evil: :evil:
dilruba

Reply with quote  #2 
Do baithaks - known as Hindu Squats in the west. There are lots of videos on the internet. Excellent exercise, will definitely help with hip pain. Also yoga postures are very good.
jmain

Reply with quote  #3 
I agree yoga postures can help. Hip openings will be beneficial.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #4 
Go see a physical therapist and get a proefessional advice.
jmain

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"
Go see a physical therapist and get a proefessional advice.
This is good advice so you know what you're dealing with first before trying remedies that may cause further damage. An xray and/or MRI is a good first move to diagnose the cause of the pain to make the proper decision for treatment.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.