INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
rachel

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,
I'm know in Paris and i'm going to lieve in Argentina in october. I play tabla and i would like to meet people who play indian music players. Perhaps there are association or indian music school (i never go in Buenos Aires before). Please I need your help !
BrotherLeaf

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Rachel,
glad to see that you are coming here. Im sorry to told you that there is not a very important ICM scene here, in fact there are very few musicians and
very few public, but I think that ICM in Argentina is slowly growing.

If you play tabla you may find interesting to contact my teacher's:
Rasikananda Das, his phone is +54 11 4951 0599.
http://www.rasikananda-das.com.ar
http://www.sargam.com.ar

He's an acomplished tablist, and runs (with a sitaris friend) the only ICM school in Argentina, also endorsed by the Indian Embassy here.

Im very interested on the vocal music, and recently started to take lessons with him, altough he's not a vocalist he has learned vocal music with Pt. Shyam Srivastava, Ph.D

Also, feel free to contact me if you need help here with acommodations, language or anything else.

Hernan
rachel

Reply with quote  #3 

Hello Hernan and thank you. I feel better know : there are ICM connexions in Buenos Aires ! I will arrive in november (i follow my boy friend...). I think it will be a little difficult for me at the biginning : i don't speak spanish and i need to find a job. I really enjoy to start a new life in Argentina specially since you tell me there are some ICM musiciens in B. Thank you for your proposition. I will certainly need help when i will arrive... perhaps we will practise together, vocal and tabla ? (music is an universal langage !) .

Rachel

A. I visit the Sargam 's site and the site of your teatcher. I will contact them when i will arrive. Thank you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.