INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #1 
I read a crawler on one of the cable broadcast news programs last week that said a "Well known" Bollywood actor was sentenced to 5 years in the slammer (Indian jail? Thats a grim image") for poaching an antelope. Can't get the antelope horn for bridges in a legit fashion and it looks like the authorities are getting serious much to my surprise. I expect that customs would not look to kindly on a antelope sitar bridge being smuggled either. So if ya don't wanna get your masala tossed don't even think about it.

**"masala tossed", tossed and masala in any form of tossing are copyrighted and the sole property of Stark Raven Music, a limited partnership.

Reply with quote  #2 
Having lost all sense of outrage after the OJ verdict, I'm NOT surprized. This is the best India could come up with. Salman Khan lasted three days in the slammer with all the other celebs holding vigil. Front page news how the poor bastard had to sleep on the floor, swat at mosquitos and share the cell with a convicted murderer. Antelope boy already out on bail, flew off to some gigue in Dubaii with promise to return for appeal hearing. All front page stuff here. Meanwhile, the bride burning, dowry beatings, rape, torist muggings continue their merry way. What a world! What a world!

Reply with quote  #3 
Tony

If/WHEN you leave India, please feel free to pop into my area of the UK with your marvellous talents & lovely wife, of course. Stay as long as you like. :wink:

I did hear, as my surbahar was being put together, about this 'horn-business' being 'illegal' or, at the least, frowned on AT THAT TIME (late last year).
I took a pic while the builder was fashioning some horn & was told afterwards not to put that one on the net.

As the antler can be sawn off without actually killing the animal, where do we go from there?
Is it really so much better than bone anyway?

I also got wind (yes, I know it's the curry) of a new synthetic that's coming on the market soon too? Know anything about this?

Nick
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #4 
"As the antler can be sawn off without actually killing the animal, where do we go from there?
Is it really so much better than bone anyway?"

Castrati still sing after their "horns" are cut off, I'm not sure they appreciate it. Typical of US news the crawler was incomplete and only partially informative. At least the punk did 3 days and probably a few lakh rupees in bribes.

What is it with the elites and their desire to kill small defensless animals? I'm hoping Chenys innovation, shooting at other "elites" catchs on. Its a novel idea and would solve a number of problems both enviornmental and social.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.