INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 26 of 26     «   Prev   23   24   25   26
sitar obsessions

Reply with quote  #376 
I have been listening to pandit nikhil banerjee's " live-to-air. KPFA Berkley 1967 raga records. I have never before heard raag marwa like this rendition!!! Wow!! I cannot find this particular recording other than what I have on u-tube. I like to listen to these on my long frustrating drives to and back from work. My old car only accepts cd's. I got a cd from Amazon that I thought was this particular recording. It is beautiful but not this particular Berkley recording. Does anyone know how I can acquire a cd of this particulR recording (in the background I love this constant "wah. Kiya baat hae"). Thank you.
sitar obsessions

Reply with quote  #377 
Ustad Rais Khan!!! Wah!! He plays a very charismatic sitar!!! I have always held ustaad vilayat khan as the ultimate bhairavi god!!! I listened to raag Sindhi bhairavi - by ustaad Rais khan (mehfil recording)-- live mehfil recording in Karachi (my home city)!!! 1969-- I would have been 6 yrs old... My destiny would have been established by then for the sciences. I would not have listened to this recording till 52 yrs of age!!! This is one of the best Sindhi bhairavi I have ever listened to!!!! Wah!!!
Kirya

Reply with quote  #378 
We are very fortunate to have a video recording of a whole concert from 1985 in SFO uploaded recently by the Basant Bahar organization with pretty decent audio quality

Raag Shyam Kedar: PNB with Zakir Hussein

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.