INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sitar_shahidaliss

Reply with quote  #1 
dear all fraind...... i share my best work with all of u ...
& i dedicate to panditji ............thanks nick he deserve me for making this ins... send me your precious opinion
shahid

Attached Images
jpeg 04_resize.jpg (77.68 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 06_resize.jpg (83.87 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 07_resize.jpg (65.65 KB, 1 views)

Nick B

Reply with quote  #2 
I know that I have already posted on this, but I need to reiterate how amazing this instrument is and the creativity that Shahidji has put into it. He has been a pleasure to deal with and I can't recommend his work highly enough.
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh My ! ! ! Loving the headstock. Very Kanai Lalish. Loving the raised / carved rosewood goodies along the front of the neck. Loving the wood itself. Now that's teak. Tight tastey carving throughout. Loving the triangle design element carried from the gulu carving border onto the side foot. Nicely thought out. Rest of trim is spot on. Everything works together on this instrument. You scored a six, no question. Well done. I have to nit pick on one point though. Shahidbhai, could you send a replacement first string main peg that doesn't have the sapwood on the handle bit. That would seal it for me. I know it's a microscopic detail but it's something that's always bugged me. I bet it sounds magnificent right now. In six months he will be sweeping up wall plaster off the floor. Congrats ! ! !

Reply with quote  #4 
Mashallah!
Wah Shahid Bhai
You've certainly went the whole hog with this one. Simple magnificent.
Congrats to the new owner.
I believe you have another teak sitar which you done awhile back can you confirm wether it's in the same colour, I simply love that colour and if its similar in looks and followed by the closed jawari sound, can u please wrap it up for me because it's sold! Even thou BM Sitarmaker sent me another one last week. I can't resist this one.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
Kya Baat Shahid Bhai!
Kitne sundar saguan lakri hai!!!

Shah Bash!!

Nick
barend

Reply with quote  #6 
wow! very nice sitar. What that thing at the gourd? I have seen it on surbahar but never on a sitar. Doesn't it get in the way with your foot?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
Dear Barend
One often plays surbahar with this little stand so it's a little less exhausting & you need only balance it on your right knee. I actually have a VERY old sitar with a bird stand on it too.
I thought you also play surbahar as well as Rudra Veena, no?

Nick
barend

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Nick, I don't play surbahar or rudra veena, only sitar. You a confusing me with Remco I guess.
I know about the stand on a surbahar, but I thought this as a sitar with a surbaharish look (?). Hard to see the size on those pictures.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #9 
Friend Barend
Sorry yes I thought you were Remco.
I DO believe these pics are of fellow Brit Nick's surbahar he recently received from said makers.

Nick
AllenDS

Reply with quote  #10 
I have never held a kachua style sitar like this, so I don't know how helpful the added balancing attachment is but it looks useful. Interesting!

Reply with quote  #11 
Just to confirm, this is indeed a surbahar.

And all mine......yum yum
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #12 
Yes and the rotten sod wouldn't let me see it when I was very near his house!!!!

Nick
Nick B

Reply with quote  #13 
Only cos I was at work, as you know you are always welcome..... I just need to be there to let you in )
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #14 
I'm just about to knock on your door any minute!!!!!
No, only kidding. I bet THAT frightened you eh?!?!!?

That Pakistani sitar built like a bloody male tanpura is turning out to be a BIG sounder, lots of resonance. I DID think about putting on surbahar strings but I'll wait until I've finished its jawari first.

Nick
Jeevie

Reply with quote  #15 
absolutely gorgeous. so nice to see sitar makers in our generation keeping the tradition alive
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.