INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
renby22

Reply with quote  #1 

This is not an Anoushka topic - it's a topic purely about tone. 

I'm guessing she uses high end pres and nice verbs along with natural acoustics of the room...does anybody have any idea what Anoushka's sitar rig is like? I can't find anything about it online, and I want to steal this electric tone!! [sneaky]

cwroyds

Reply with quote  #2 
This is an old video, so I think her rig has changed now.
From the video, I am seeing only a microphone.
I am guessing it is just a mic recording the acoustic tone of the instrument.
Probably going through a nice board with some compression and light reverb. 

I think that at that time Raviji and Anoushka also both used Schertler Dyn-E pickups, when needed.

sitar19

Reply with quote  #3 
When I saw her 2 weeks ago she had an XLR jack mounted in the tumba for an internal pickup or mic.
Christopher Sarju Seepersaud

Reply with quote  #4 
She uses built in transducers AND microphone. Her sound is pristine because it comes in two forms and backed by incredible audio interface and reverbs. Don’t copy her tone, it’s a world class artist budget tone. To get it , try the Pick Up The World sitar pickup into an LR Baggs acoustic DI and send that through a professional digital reverb. You will get it. Trust me! I’ve tried many pickups ..... this one is so pro!!!!
Lars

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitar19
When I saw her 2 weeks ago she had an XLR jack mounted in the tumba for an internal pickup or mic.

If it's the most recent one made for her I got to see and play it and bought it's 'twin' made the same way. It was an AKG C411 with a converted XLR jack that's lighter than the PP version has. I was told the Schertlers weren't being used anymore.

Lars

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars

If it's the most recent one made for her I got to see and play it and bought it's 'twin' made the same way. It was an AKG C411 with a converted XLR jack that's lighter than the PP version has. I was told the Schertlers weren't being used anymore.

Lars

This video was uploaded in 2012, but seems older to me. 
Wouldn't be her recent one. 
I would like to play the sitar she is playing now.
Her current electrified tone is pretty nice. 
chrisitar

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitar19

You live in St. Louis or Kansas City?

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.