INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Ramesh

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear Forum Members,

Salaam and Namaskar.I'll be travelling out of the country and will be leaving my sitar from August to Dec in Los Angeles and im wondering what's the best and safest way to leave it.Should i detune/release all the strings or maybe just the main strings and leave the sympathetic as it is ?Leave it lying down inside its case or standing up?I would appreciate any suggestion.Thank you so much

sincerely,
Ramesh

Reply with quote  #2 
I would leave it inside the house (not in garage, etc.) with the case standing up and leaning a little in a corner if you can. It'll keep the pressure off the gourd in the case and minimize chances of getting impressions in the finish. I would suggest detuning a little for that long although it probably will detune anyway to a degree. It'll be fine....

Lars

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you very much Lars-ji for the advice.I really appreciate it!

Reply with quote  #4 
you should loosen all the strings
thats all you actually need to do apart from keeping it carefully
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.