INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
texasranger

Reply with quote  #16 
Carleton,

I happen to know that your teacher has an almost religious devotion to Starbucks :wink:

and . . . you missed a really great recital at my house on Sunday afternoon!
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #17 
Hey dude,

Thanks for the idea. Maybe a bunch of Laddoo and some starbucks to wash it down. That sounds delicious!!
By the way, you forum name is "texasranger". Are you from Texas?
I dont know if you knew but I am originally from Texas (Houston).
You learn something new everyday.

Sorry I missed the recital. I was actually going to come, but work pulled me into its dark grip. I was looking forward to bringing my shiny Naskar sitar for you to check out. Oh well. I hope it was fun for all.
It was a trip playing Yaman with the cellist dude during my last lesson. I have never heard cello playing ICM. It actually works really well. I love the sound.
texasranger

Reply with quote  #18 
sorry, neither the forum name nor the starbucks suggestion were serious. I think I signed up on this forum shortly after watching Talladega Nights - texasranger was just the first thing that came to mind (you'd need to rent the DVD). Actually I think our teacher is more in the anti-Starbucks camp.

And the cellist dude (Peter I think) played at the recital. Awesome performance - esp. hearing the jala on cello (where are the chikari strings?!?).
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #19 
Shoot, I should have seen that Starbucks thing from a mile away.
I definitely know better than to think Paul is into Starbucks.
Kinda antithetical to everything he stands for.
Oh well, just wasnt thinking.

Loved "Talladega Nights" by the way. I didnt think I would but it is truly funny. Will Ferrel is genius. I think the kids in that movie had some of the funniest lines I have heard in a long time. Funny Funny Funny.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.