INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
SurTaal

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been trying to watch some of the lauded clips on Films Division and am having trouble just navigating around that site. I can't even find a clip! I hear there is a nice short film on Thirakhwa saheb. Would any of you smarter, stronger, more experienced posters be kind enough to give me some tips on this matter? Thanks in advance.

SurTaal
taal

Reply with quote  #2 
It's really not that difficult SurTaal. At home page, please type in ahmad in keyword box, and click search. Then it will pop up a window with option to play that film using different players and using different download speed.

Please note that there is one more film on Ustaad Alla Rakha too! I don't see it normally mentioned in posts.

By the way, the same film on Thirakwa Sahib can be seen on "http://www.youtube.com"

I may help you more if you are very specific at which stage while browsing you are facing problem.

Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #3 
I don't have any problem with the Thirakwa (or with the Amir Khan) film but when I search for the Alla Rakha film it says it's 'unavailable'?

A.

Reply with quote  #4 
hi all

Im having a problem with this site as well. the pop up window for the films do not function on my computer i.e they do not 'pop up'. I try and click on the speed icons and nothing happens basically.

I suspect that this has something to do with my firewall or browser settings but iv tried fiddling around with those and have come up blank so far.

If any of the computer wizzes like our good old Josh jaan have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to reply.

Reply with quote  #5 
You can also watch the Thirakwa film at http://www.youtube.com. I watched that Allah Rakkha film on Films Division before, but it is now no longer available. Maybe one of us should try and contact them about this?

Jamie

SurTaal

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks to all. I finally got through and am having a hard time logging off. So many wonderful films!

A question: Has anyone seen the Bhimsen Joshi film? It's listed as being 73 minutes long. When I viewed it on Windows Player, I was only able to watch about 21 minutes before the clip stopped. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I also saw the Amir Khan and Birju Maharaj films. Does anyone know if their sons (shown in the films) followed in their fathers' footsteps?

ST
SurTaal

Reply with quote  #7 
I've been trying to log on on to the filmsdivision site for a few days now and can't seem to get past the skip intro link. Anyone else having difficulty?

SurTaal
adunc069

Reply with quote  #8 
A year ago I had a cushy administration job. I was left a lone at the front in a seperate office. So to keep "busy", I would watch all of those films. The Druphad one was one of my favourite ones. The sarod documentary with Amjad is great too.

If you're having trouble finding films, search "music" and I think there were about 40 films. But that was almost 1 year ago so maybe it's changed? Also, the films from my experience play better in Real Player.

SurTaal

Reply with quote  #9 
I've succeeded in viewing films at the Filsdvision site before. The problem is that while the page is loading I see the following message:

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

It's been going on like this for a few days now.
SurTaal

Reply with quote  #10 
It's been two weeks since I last posted on this subject and think there is something wrong with the Films Division website. Anyone else have problems? Thanks.

SurTaal
SurTaal

Reply with quote  #11 
Miracle of miracles. After my previous post, I was able to access the site.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.