INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
shagird

Reply with quote  #1 
Would any of you know of Nizam sitar wale who apparently has settled in Delhi and is a good sitar maker? I'd love to check him out against the pricey RR's. I read about him here http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2005/01/03/stories/2005010301360300.htm

Anybody own one of his instruments?
SitarMac

Reply with quote  #2 
Take a close look at the picture in the article. Can anyone spot whats wrong with this picture? kinda' funny actually.

Reply with quote  #3 
Its not polite to mock the lexdyxsic :wink:

Reply with quote  #4 
Thaats effed up!
Drew

Reply with quote  #5 
Tehy say taht eevn if the lrettes in the mddile are jmubdle but the lsat two lrettes are ceorrct, you can sitll raed it wtih no prboelm.

My geuss is he is a rghity and was fxinig a lfety.

Always have 1 eye open
SitarMac

Reply with quote  #6 
I actually think he's a lefty fixing a righty-

Reply with quote  #7 
" Much clued on his work of repairing string instruments, especially sitar, the impecunious deft mender is clueless where he will be in a couple of months from now, when he abrogates his cavity of a shop rooted at his late brother's Government-allotted quarter."

Betcha can't say that three times fast. Seriously . . . where have all the impecunious deft menders gone these days?

Cheers,
Keshav
sitarman

Reply with quote  #8 
I don't know guys...the more I think about it .... I think he's a lefty fixing a righty who reversed the image in Photoshop and was actually hanging from the ceiling. See, the gravity has strtetched the neck as well. All I know for sure is he needs a PR man big time. That Bio is really lacking. Anyway, not the greatest choice of photos, no? Yes? No? None of the above?
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #9 
"....abrogates his cavity.... That sounds nasty, is that an Indian divorce??

Reply with quote  #10 
All seriousness aside I did wonder about this guy and what the feasability of a western importer setting him up in a shop would be. Everyone complains about the unreliability and spotty craftsmanship when dealing with the manufacturers in India? How bout it anybody wanna lose some money??

Reply with quote  #11 
I have a Sitar and a Surbahar from him......he highly recommended and is an expert in doing jawaris and has done extensive research on Sitar construction...........He would like to tie up with some importers for delivery of customized stuff...........his current address is:

D-323 Lane No. 12, Ameena Market, Lalita Park, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi- 92.

Phone- 9213442152, 9312915623

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #12 
Asalaam alaikum Beenkar, Thanks for locating Nizam Sahib, can you post some pics of your surbahar and sitar on your webpage? Do you know if hes ever made a rudra veena.

Reply with quote  #13 
Wa Alaikum As-Salaam Abdul Saheb,

Nizam Bhai is the chief craftsman for Beenkar Gurukul and fabricates Rudra Veena in consultation with Beenkar Suvir for his students.
Beenkar Suvir has commissioned a couple of magnificient Rudra Veenas which are right now under construction under him.

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #14 
Hmmmm does the insertion of a "middleman" while avoiding a direct answer seem familiar??? LOL "Uhhhh how many rupes you wanna spend Farang?? top quality Sahib, my cousin knows a guy." Ehh what ya gonna do??

PS Beenkar no disrespect to you, intended merely an editorial comment. If you insure the proper construction and setup of the veenas I see the value of your involvment.
Wasalaam alaikum warahamatu allah wa barakatu,
Abdullah

Reply with quote  #15 
Bismillaah

Please feel free to contact Nizam Bhai directly for your requirements....

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.