INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #31 
I DID witness a harmonium performance by Kishor Banerjee, excellent tabla player. You would not believe the blazing chops on that box. Despite the mechanical limitations of that contraption, he produced breath taking music. I suppose it comes down to what you do with what you've got. Back to work !

Reply with quote  #32 
Rick Wakeman's Hammond organ solo on "Close to the Edge" was over a single chord, basically, and it is absolutely blistering...I wonder what he could do with a harmonium! :twisted:
Raga_Mala

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "nicneufeld"
Rick Wakeman's Hammond organ solo on "Close to the Edge" was over a single chord, basically, and it is absolutely blistering...I wonder what he could do with a harmonium! :twisted:
I LOVE CLOSE TO THE EDGE

The foolish critic follows where he's told."
-Kalidas, Malavikagnimitra I.i.2
Trans. Arthur Ryder
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #34 
Oh, I suppose if you can lash a bunch of them together you might be able to grab a few beers and sun yourself out on a lake somewhere.

Reply with quote  #35 
The Harmonium is a great French invention which allowed the churches in the sub-continent to have an organ accompaniment to their hymns. No doubt it was the instigator of equal temperament in ICM.

OM GUY - Tell me a date, I'll provide the beer...let's go sailing!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.