INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a sitar from Gurusoundz in the UK that apparently get their instruments made and sent from India to the UK to supply the wider market.

I was just wondering has anyone bought a sitar or instruments from them before and if so are they good quality?

Thanks! 😊

Attached Images
jpeg Screenshot_20200703_104351_com.android.chrome.jpg (64.66 KB, 20 views)

chrisnovice

Reply with quote  #2 
Have you considered buying a second hand instrument? You could almost certainly get a much better quality older instrument for that sort of price range.

Nick who is a long time member of this forum has this one for sale at the moment:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-MARVELLOUS-OLD-HIREN-ROY-SITAR/124234771461?hash=item1cecf82c05:g:SQMAAOSwJp5e5o7e

I have no experience of Gurusoundz intruments by the way.
katyrow

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnovice
You could almost certainly get a much better quality older instrument for that sort of price range.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-MARVELLOUS-OLD-HIREN-ROY-SITAR/124234771461?hash=item1cecf82c05:g:SQMAAOSwJp5e5o7e

On the other hand, older sitars may be more likely to have issues like weak neck joints and warped or twisted necks.  You just have to be careful when you buy them.  It's prudent to be particularly skeptical of instruments with fake badges like the one in this eBay listing.  

I'm not familiar with Gurusoundz either.
peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnovice
Have you considered buying a second hand instrument? You could almost certainly get a much better quality older instrument for that sort of price range.

Nick who is a long time member of this forum has this one for sale at the moment:

I have no experience of Gurusoundz intruments by the way.

Thank you! I'll give it a look 😊
peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katyrow

On the other hand, older sitars may be more likely to have issues like weak neck joints and warped or twisted necks.  You just have to be careful when you buy them.  It's prudent to be particularly skeptical of instruments with fake badges like the one in this eBay listing.  

I'm not familiar with Gurusoundz either.

Yeah, I was also thinking this myseld. Thanks for the input! 😊
renby22

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi! Maybe check second hand sites in your area? ie Gumtree, maybe you can get one locally rather than buying online and hoping for the best! Cheers
RagaMeister19

Reply with quote  #7 
You might want to check out India-Instruments.com They are located in Berlin, Germany and have a good reputation. Good luck. [thumb]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.