INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
balbirh

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what beat they are playing in this video clip starting at time 1:20

It may well be a variation of dadra , but what are the actual tabla bols.
Thank you
Christianamr

Reply with quote  #2 
I hear a 10-matra taal , with the subdivisions 3 + 4 + 3 , if you start at the low combination bol ( Dha , if you want ) . Maybe someone else will hear the Sam elsewhere ( which has happened at my first listening ... )

I help myself by counting out Takita Takadimi Takita , for maintaing this tricky rhythm so as not to be thrown out .

The hand cymbals ( manjiras ? ) play on matras 1 , 4 , 6 and 8. ( 4 and 6 fall into Takadimi , 8 falls on the last Takita ) .

I haven

balbirh

Reply with quote  #3 
I hear a 10-matra taal , with the subdivisions 3 + 4 + 3 , if you start at the low combination bol ( Dha , if you want ) . Maybe someone else will hear the Sam elsewhere ( which has happened at my first listening ... )

I help myself by counting out Takita Takadimi Takita , for maintaing this tricky rhythm so as not to be thrown out .

The hand cymbals ( manjiras ? ) play on matras 1 , 4 , 6 and 8. ( 4 and 6 fall into Takadimi , 8 falls on the last Takita ) .

I haven
Danielmorgan

Reply with quote  #4 
i frequently visit the thread due to my quest to get more and more about the Indian classic music through the discussion in run here .. moreover the link posted over the forum also helped me a lot to know how rich the culture and tradition it contains... thanks.

Reply with quote  #5 
The same strange taal is discussed in the google classical forum :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.music.indian.classical/Pxqj9ubwfVo

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.