INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
singhhh_ap

Reply with quote  #1 
Enjoy!

rch

Reply with quote  #2 
Great! Thanks for sharing. I love house concerts. I usually sit on the right side of the performers so I can clearly see the tabla player's fingering! Large concerts don't really interest me. For those not aware ,Tej Singh also has recently uploaded a video of a Ghazal on dadra that you might find worth watching and learning from.
evening84

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for sharing - the playing piqued my interest enough to look up more from the Tabla player in question and I saw this video in 2 parts of a solo performance :

Part I:

Part II:

I have watched this many times since and I really have no words to describe it. Such a combination of speed, power and artistic sensibility is such a rarity. None of that flimsy finesse and showmanship - this is hard-core tabla at its hard-core best.

PS. In video II, for the first one and half-minute, it just feels like that there are two tabla players playing not one. I have had others describe this weird feeling when masters play, but never actually knew what that meant. This gave me a fleeting sense of that beautiful sensation.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.