INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Miklos Santorini

Reply with quote  #1 
Sadly I am getting to old to take care of my 2 beautiful surbahars, so one must find a new home. This one is a Radhey Shyam Sharma  (app. 12 years old)with a carved floral volute at the peg end, all spiffed and tweaked by Sitarfixer, and he even carved a custom foot for the beast. Not in a desperate hurry, and would rather not ship this if possible. But here she is, feel free to contact me with any questions. https://www.facebook.com/sitaroutreachministry/?pnref=lhc
katyrow

Reply with quote  #2 
I have a similar RSS surb from Lars.  It's a very fine instrument.

What is that beautiful sitar with the greenish binding and interesting headstock in your FB photos?  Unusual and very cool.  
Miklos Santorini

Reply with quote  #3 
That's a nice solid Shristi (Sindh model)which has had an overhaul and upgrade from Sitarfixer on several occasions.  It plays well and is a looker for those special sitar events like weddings or something fancy. 
Sitar Fixer

Reply with quote  #4 
Hope somebody grabs this one. I really like the sound it cranks out. Open, almost operatic drive to it. Lighter in weight than many other Calcutta based surbies but big on sound. That foot rest thingie I carved as an upgrade to the non functioning original.

The sitar with the greenish binding is a take off from this sitar :

http://karaseksound.com/ShowBigPic.php?ID=IMG0151

Play on !
Barron Singh

Reply with quote  #5 
Miklos I reached out to you via Facebook, but received no reply. Where are you located please? Thanks.

-B.Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos Santorini
That's a nice solid Shristi (Sindh model)which has had an overhaul and upgrade from Sitarfixer on several occasions.  It plays well and is a looker for those special sitar events like weddings or something fancy. 
Miklos Santorini

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Barron, sorry, I tried to respond on FB yesterday. I'm in Bloomington, IN. I can email you later today with all the info. My email is 'nicholas.mcgill@gmail.com'. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.