INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Swara

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Shivadhyanam"
Mr??? Bloody hell!!! You just made me feell really, really old!!!
lol Sorry Shivadhyanam,I know the feeling. I am 44 and don't feel comfortable too when they call me mister. :wink:

How is the reaction of the audience on your performance? Do they stop and spend some time listening?I guess it is difficult to hold their attention.

ShivD, I really hope you will bring us some good news about the Sitar instrumental recording for practise you were planning to do.
I am really interested in this. What about rag Bhairav?

cheers
Liquid

Reply with quote  #17 
Ya, the thing with this is that the things you already do good will get better because thats what you will be playing. And if you dont practice the things that need practice at home, they will be left behind. Another limitation is the speed of the music that is accompanying, you have to stick to this speed, cant adjust. So it is kind of like work, but also practice in getting experience playing infront people but when you go home, you really gotta practice. It is difficult but I think its great that you are doing this. You really got me thinking...

Have you played with any other buskers? I want to come see you now.

Shivadhyanam

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Swara"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Shivadhyanam"
Mr??? Bloody hell!!! You just made me feell really, really old!!!
lol Sorry Shivadhyanam,I know the feeling. I am 44 and don't feel comfortable too when they call me mister. :wink:

How is the reaction of the audience on your performance? Do they stop and spend some time listening?I guess it is difficult to hold their attention.

ShivD, I really hope you will bring us some good news about the Sitar instrumental recording for practise you were planning to do.
I am really interested in this. What about rag Bhairav?

cheers

Hi guys,
long time...how's practice going? ....anyway, I am about to leave Varanasi and just want to give an update on that instrumental recording for tabla practice I told u about. As you know, I have a recording of (just) full solo sitar (keep forgeting wich raga), tintal vilambit, madhya and drut/jala, rupak coupled with addha taal and fast tintaal and last a dun in dadra. This has been a very good investiment I made. So good that I recently played a concert (accompaning a sitar player here from Varanasi). All fully improvised and , thank god, the tihais came not so bad. All thanks to tha practice I did these last few months with this sitar recording. I highly recomend buying this. The only problem is that this girl don't seem to care much about promoting this and I am the one trying to do it (although I won't gain anyting from doing it) If you really interested in this recording you can either call her directly (as she not good with or is afraid of the internet) Her name is : Anuja Jha and her number is 9794034806. You have to add the international code for india in front. Talk to her or drop me a message if you are interested with you detail etc and then I talk to her while I am here.

I have also done another recording with a sarod player. Also ver nice . Raga Malkauns in Tintal vilambit , madhya and drut. Rag Jog in Jhaptaal going to tintal and a very nice light dun in Deepchandi plus some extra staff i.e. some lehara. Very nice stuff too. This sunday I will do also some recording with a bansury player. Will tell u more later too...

don't have much time now but will tell you more about this sarod and bansuri later. ...also I bought that leahra cd on http://www.ryazmala.com or something. Great stuff!!!! Will tell u more about later too...

cheers
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.