INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sitardoc

Reply with quote  #1 
halloo all-
haven't done much playing over the summer-just not in the right mindset (going broke, visits to der food bank, etc.) when i finally did pick her up, i had to tune the pegged mains(of course) but the tuning rack amazed me. only THREE symps were out, and not by all that much. admittedly, the rack needs some cosmetic work ( it was a prototype after all) but outside of that, i'm QUITE pleased. i'm glad i spent all the hair-pulling design time and expense to get this unit working. IF i ever need to redo the symps, i'll remove a bunch of needless wood and give the entire rack a nice stain and poly overcoat. and get some nice shiny brass screws instead of the "bottom of the junkbox" units i'm using now.
-the doc :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lars

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey doc.....
You built your own tuning setup? Sounds interesting.... I played around with the RR here with the Pegheds sympathetic pegs but starting to have issues with them so probably going to refit traditional pegs. Love to see pictures, did you mount a rail with the tuners attached to it?

Reply with quote  #3 
yes-all 13 of the modified tuners are held to a rosewood rack which is secured to the side of the instrument in 3 places. i love the thing for its' stability. no more retuning due to humudirty or dryness. it, along with the other strings that run through slide adjusters, lets me achieve a full tuning in around 15 minutes. no more excuses not to play because tuning is such a pain.
-the doc
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.