INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #1 
EXCITING NEWS

We are pleased to announce that, Grammy nominated, musician, composer, and teacher, Gaurav Mazumdar, renowned disciple of Pandit Ravi Shankar is to base himself in Chicago for the 4th consecutive year.

We are most appreciative of Gauravji's commitment to help carry on the wonderful musical tradition here in the region started by our Dear Friend & Guru Patric Marks.
Patrics wife Margaret is again graciously opening her home in Berwyn to help us carry on Patrics work.

Our friend Gaurav has returned to Chicagoland and is available now for lessons for students of all levels in Chicago - the suburbs - Northwest Indiana - and Southern Wisconsin - and will continue over the summer, fall and early winter. This is a marvelous opportunity to further your musical journey.

Gaurav will also make himself available for concerts - lectures - and teaching in the US. Gauravji will be available based on his concert & schedule commitments while based in Chicago.

Make sure to contact Gaurav asap to reserve your times and take advantage of this great opportunity for lessons with a true master. (and a wonderful chap too boot)

For more information on Gaurav, visit Gaurav's website: http://www.gauravmazumdar.com
Contact Gauav directly at:
gmazumdar@gmail.com
or
Gaurav's Cell: 708-738-1925
Or
PM me here on the forum & I will help get you in contact with our Guru.

Your Friend
Brian 8)

Reply with quote  #2 
I love his jugalbandhi with Ravi Kiran on chitraveena. Truly amazing north/south crossover!

Reply with quote  #3 
For sure, Gaurav has performed many amazing jugalbandis.
I was able to run sound for him on a few occasions. Once with Lalgudhi GJR Krishnan on violin that was absolutely stunning. Also when Gaurav went out on the Sublime Journey tour a couple years ago with Jayanti Kumaresh on Veena. That was a real treat also.

Reply with quote  #4 
Just a quick reminder ---

Gaurav is back from London & Moscow and is in Chicago. He is teaching and arranging the rest of his schedule for the summer & fall in the west before returning to India.
Please contact ASAP to get booked with this great artist & teacher.

Gaurav's direct cell in the USA 708-738-1925

Hamletsghost 8)

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.