INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
SitarMac

Reply with quote  #1 
So last night I'm crashing on my couch at about 2 AM after a day of this and that, and I was half sleeping/half watching the classic Pete o'Toole movie "Becket". This movie was nominated for a gazzillion academies, so I gave it a shot.....Anyway, I started falling asleep and willed myself to get up to turn off the TV. Just as I did, I noticed that the scene in the movie was a dialogue between Becket and his wife who was singing a midevil Welsh melody. INSTEAD OF STRUMMING A LUTE-SHE WAS STRUMMING A SARANGI!!!! It actually looked like a REALLY good Sarangi-Nicce and vintage and in good shape. Certainly not a throwaway prop! I watched as this "Lute" was strummed. It was even passed to King Henry who strums it and does a dialogue (I didn't know Sarangis sound like midevil lutes when strummed). Anyway....funny moment with ICM instrument in a non-ICM setting!

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "SitarMac"
So last night I'm crashing on my couch at about 2 AM after a day of this and that, and I was half sleeping/half watching the classic Pete o'Toole movie "Becket". This movie was nominated for a gazzillion academies, so I gave it a shot.....Anyway, I started falling asleep and willed myself to get up to turn off the TV. Just as I did, I noticed that the scene in the movie was a dialogue between Becket and his wife who was singing a midevil Welsh melody. INSTEAD OF STRUMMING A LUTE-SHE WAS STRUMMING A SARANGI!!!! It actually looked like a REALLY good Sarangi-Nicce and vintage and in good shape. Certainly not a throwaway prop! I watched as this "Lute" was strummed. It was even passed to King Henry who strums it and does a dialogue (I didn't know Sarangis sound like midevil lutes when strummed). Anyway....funny moment with ICM instrument in a non-ICM setting!
I watched JODHAA AKBAR last week and here in 16th century India a harmonium is playing.

Deji

Reply with quote  #3 
I LOVE IT! I've GOT to get that and show it to Rameshji.

Jokhon tini India phire jaben tanr khuboi moja laagbe!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.