Author   Comment  
TK

Reply with quote  #1 
Oops.
http://www.sitarsetc.com/sitarpages/Grand%20calcutta.htm

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #2 
TK

We didn't get it? If you are refering to the MPS label VS Srishti Lable on this sitar, the original design was to be made by Srishti. However due to a design confict between the two, MPS will now be making this sitar for us.

If there is anything else that we didn't see, please noted for us as we don't get what you are refering to.

Thanks

Bharat
TK

Reply with quote  #3 
Huh? Now I'M the one who doesn't get it.

Exactly what does "due to a design conflict between the two" mean?

Oh BTW Bharat, you should probably change the top-tumba-neck.jpg out too...if you look closely, you can still make out the white Shristi name tag.

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #4 
Well, We had asked Srishti to make this design for us. And they made one, which was actually sold to a guy from Spain. But MPS then said that it had been their design originally, and so to avoid any hard feelings, we then asked them to make the sitar for us. By the way, we may be asking MPS to make a couple of our other models as well.

The pictures, as you see from the credit at the bottom of the page were originally made by the guy in spain who bought the first sitar of this type made by Srishti for us. There is no difference in the design, only the maker has changed. MPS does make some pretty good sitars, in our humble opinion.

Bharat

Bharat
element-82

Reply with quote  #5 
Bharat, I thought the srishti was essential a MPS, made by the same makers? Is this not the case?

Pb
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sitarfanatic"
Well, We had asked Srishti to make this design for us. And they made one, which was actually sold to a guy from Spain. But MPS then said that it had been their design originally, and so to avoid any hard feelings, we then asked them to make the sitar for us. By the way, we may be asking MPS to make a couple of our other models as well.

The pictures, as you see from the credit at the bottom of the page were originally made by the guy in spain who bought the first sitar of this type made by Srishti for us. There is no difference in the design, only the maker has changed. MPS does make some pretty good sitars, in our humble opinion.

Bharat

Bharat

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #6 
PB,

No, not exactly. Srishti is an independant group of artisans that also do work for other makers, MPS among them. They join together to make Srishti sitars. However, MPS does not make Srishti sitars, Srishti does. Some of the Srishti artisans do work for MPS.

Bharat
TK

Reply with quote  #7 
PB:

This is directly from the Sitars Etc. website -

"One thing that many of the makers in Calcutta have in common is that some of the very talented craftsmen are hired as needed and have worked in several shops. If there is not enough work with one maker then they will go to another. With this in mind, some highly capable friends in India fully dedicated to the music, operate Srishti with the goal of producing the finest quality professional instruments, both in sound and beauty."

TK

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #8 
TK,

Thank you, I should have thought of quoting the website myself. That really does explain how the sitars are made by Srishti and answers PB's question.

Thanks again,

Bharat
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #9 
Somebody get Scooter Libby on the phone!!!!!!!!

Reply with quote  #10 
Bharat-ji
If the Sitar business ever fails, man, you need to go to politics. That was some serious spin-then-recovery. FANTASTIC!!

Reply with quote  #11 
Hey, does Scooter Libby-ji make Gayaki style too?

seriously though- I've been singing the praises of my MPS Rose Petal model for years (got one of the first ones I believe) so good call Bharat!
element-82

Reply with quote  #12 
Yep, thanks for clearing that up.

Pb
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sitarfanatic"
TK,

Thank you, I should have thought of quoting the website myself. That really does explain how the sitars are made by Srishti and answers PB's question.

Thanks again,

Bharat

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #13 
I just got off the phone with Scott McKenna, although he refused to comment on an ongoing investigation, off the record and on background he told me that the pertinant classified material (1Sitar) was declassified by the Commander in Chief and authorized to be relabled. To clarify a contentious point on national security interests. The leaking of the dubious pedigree of the said instrument of mass marketing was a quote "Crass political act carried out by an ineffective group of losers who would dare to Question his motives in keeping our country safe. :wink:
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.