INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #1 
David isn't going to do it so I will:

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS,

We currently have 30 names on the member list, many of you are returning members. If 20 of us can pledge $50.00 each to help defray the cost of keeping these forums as the best ICM communication tool on the entire web, that would come to $1,000.00. That's not much, but I know our Generous Host would certainly appreciate it. I know we can raise that amount, and hopefully even more!

(please copy and paste the following to your pledge and add your name and amount to the list - THIS IS A CUMULATIVE MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE - WHATEVER amount you can contribute COUNTS! DO IT NOW! )

THANKS!

I would urge everyone to pay their pledge as soon as they make it.

For those who have a Paypal account the link for donations is here:

http://www.chandrakantha.com/donation.html

David's mailing address is:

David Courtney
PO Box 270685
Houston, TX 77277

I PLEDGE $000.00 TO CHANDRAKANTHA.COM INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS!

Signed, 'username' TABLAFORUM / SITAR FORUM / MUSIC FORUM / DEALERS / ALL - (pick one)

At this date 1/16/06 we only have 5 pledges -
2 from the tablaforum
3 from the sitarforum -
...... :?:

Reply with quote  #2 
Message from the Sitar Forum:

AbdulLatif Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:33 am

------------------------------------------------------------------

"C'MON YA SLACKERS!!!! I'm so cheap I got shoes older than most of you guys!!!

Ya know maybe that slander about sitarist being flakey has some weight!!! Prove em wrong!!!!.

And MY GAWD What can ya say about Tabla players...I never met one that didn't ask Wheres the food? and When do I get paid? Sooo we know you got the shekals, rupes, greenbacks, ducats or foodstamps!!!

If I have to kick in any more its good by Lithium, and thats not a pretty sight "

'AbdulLatif'

At this date 1/18/06 we only have 7 pledges -
3 from the tablaforum - :roll: :roll: :roll:
4 from the sitarforum -
and 1 from a Vendor - 8)

Reply with quote  #3 
hahaha
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #4 
Day 5 of the Challenge:

10 donations:

6 from the Sitar forum
3 from the Tabla forum :? :? :?
and 1 Vendor 8)

To everyone else - there are currently 80!! names on the member list - I know the majority of them are tabla players - "so, what'ya waitin' for... Christmas!!??

A.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "evening84"
I PLEDGE $50.00 TO CHANDRAKANTHA.COM INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS!

Signed,

evening84 TABLAFORUM

We are looking for food because we need energy. And unlike Sitar players, we can't survive on false praise alone :wink:

YES! Thanks, eveningsound! You're an inspiration. Now, how about the rest of you drum-heads!

Sitarists - 6
Tabla-dudes- 4
Vendors - 1 8)

Reply with quote  #6 
The Forums currently have 92 member/users/lurkers. The latest contribution comes from 'tablah' of L.A. who contributed $100. I know that at least one or more of you other tabla-heads has a paying job on the side, and any amount counts! So let's hear it from you! - DON"T let the gourd-heads take over!!!

1/22/06 Total contributions 12
Sitarists - 6
Tabla-dudes- 5
Vendors - 1 :?

A.

Reply with quote  #7 
Hello All Tabla lovers!

For the time being I pledge $50.00 for the Forum.

More may come after some time.

K. Nisar
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks T. Nisar!!
I've stopped keeping track of the donations as I suspect many of you have continued to send your donations in anonymously. Thanks to all of you. If you haven't yet, please do. There are currently 126 registered users and about half or more are regular visitors. Please send any amount as I'm certain David would appreciate it.
This is the by far the best, most comprehensive. and up-to-date ICM resource on the web - let's help keep it running!

A.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.