INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #1 
Sure the initial price is high, $3,995+$750 shipping but a wise investor would easily recoup the intial investment by subleasing the enclosed and self contained compartment.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Collectors-Item-Unique-Veena-Sitar-tabla-harmonium_W0QQitemZ7398582958QQcategoryZ623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply with quote  #2 
Saw this still on e-bay so I decided to mail them asking 'Is this a joke?'. :wink:
I got this reply the same day I believe.

It is no joke. These instruments are real. Please see the pics of each of
the instruments.

Neither of these combination Veena instruments we are offering are common
even in India. We are excited to find that they are still being crafted.

In the past, we had found these instruments available only rarely on the
secondary market. The instruments were not in good shape. A couple of
years ago we restored a combination Tanpura/Sitar that was approx. 50 years
old.

Thank you for your interest.
Sincerely,
Sara Ulrich
street-bazaar>

Maybe they thought I meant the instrument wasn't real rather than the bloody silly price.

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
I just checked it out again as I saw the link. Bidding ended with NO BIDDERS :?

I'm thoroughly ashamed of you lot

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
Sorry, I'm back again.

Follow the link to other instruments in the description pice below & marvel at the nerve of the prices for the absolute crap being offered.

'No equivalent' is very true.

Excuse me??? 'Minor imperfections' read totally crap And don't make excuses for lousy workmanship either. :wink:
I wouldn't give it garbage room. These things have always been awful & always will be IMO. To be brutally frank (as opposed to Nick) I wouldn't import ANYTHING that uses electric as its power, from India

A grand for a cheappo Vina. 'Get Real!' you guys as we say in the UK.

Also check out the 'accessories' section for more laughs at the prices. I know what these things cost in India & even with all kinds of 'extras', after importing duties etc, wouldn't justify these prices.

Makes me wish I'd bought a bag full of goodies while I was in India recently to sell to all those obvious gullibles out there.

Nick
Anonymous

Reply with quote  #5 
Right off the bat - when a seller claims that the instrument took 7 years to make - you know he's full of crap. The best builders in Tanjore take less than 5 weeks to make a world-class instrument. This guy is selling what are fairly standard quality off-the-shelf instruments that you can pick up in Madras for less than $500.00. They look real good hanging up on the wall with an image of Saraswati by your puja.
element-82

Reply with quote  #6 
I wonder what fits inside that banjo Reminds me of the russian dolls. Bet that vena sound great with a banjo stuck up its....

Pb
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AbdulLatif"
Sure the initial price is high, $3,995+$750 shipping but a wise investor would easily recoup the intial investment by subleasing the enclosed and self contained compartment.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Collectors-Item-Unique-Veena-Sitar-tabla-harmonium_W0QQitemZ7398582958QQcategoryZ623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
It's now been dropped to $2,999 instead.

PHEW Now I can afford to get one. :wink:

Nick
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm not ready to dismiss this innovative and priceless instrument yet. The insert would make a swell bedpan or if inserted in the arse one could bar chord with the sphincter while doing passable behind the back power chords.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.