INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Jeevie

Reply with quote  #16 
On a side note, they recently released a 5 cd set of the best of vilyat khan. (http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=112128) I bought mine at my local CD store and it is really good. Ran a bit expensive (paid $50 for it), but it was well worth it.
haywooj

Reply with quote  #17 
Good people

If anyone has these uploads, I would also appreciate the links. The rendition of Raga Shahana particularly interests me...

Joy to all
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #18 
Joy To All?
Joy to you if you can get them for free from a download site. :wink:
Naughty boy!!!

Nick
anju831

Reply with quote  #19 
Hey guys,

here is the renewed link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?w42z4w0wl6ghd

Btw Nick have you ever been able to find the video of Nikhil Banerjee's niece playing (a short piece)? Also I seem to remember you uploading a Budhaditya Mukherjee Pilu with Anindo Chatterjee as well that was never replaced.

Sorry, just thought I would take this opportunity to harass you haha
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #20 
No Probs & a Happy New Year to you too!!!

That other Seema Mukerjee interview must be on a old VHS tape I haven't been through yet. I WILL find the bloody thing!! I WILL!!!!
Her playing a short piece is STILL on youtube though!!

I've never removed either of the 2 vids you mention so......

Best
Nick
anju831

Reply with quote  #21 
Whaaaaatttt...links???

Also, a happy early new year to you as well my online friend...ahhh how does the time pass by...
Nick B

Reply with quote  #22 
Thank you SOOO much for posting these, Irshad Khan on Surbahar is just a dream to listen to and the chance to listen to four more ragas is just amazing! Very much looking forward to listening to them.

Thank you again.

Nick
cheesemaster

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "cream_cheese"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "anju831"
Heys Guys,

Firstly, I wanted to personally say THANK YOU to Trippy Monkey (Nick), Holistic (Ashfaq), and Ramprapanna. If you ever seen all the work they have put into sharing their treasures with us, then there is really no need to explain. I, and I'm sure many many many others, are very grateful for everything you guys have done for us. THANK YOU!

Before we get to the good stuff, I PLEASE ask that:

*************************************************************************************************
8. Nishat & Irshad Khan, Raag Bhimpalasi and Tilak Kamod

-Who doesn't LOVE Raag Bhimpalasi? I just wish there were more Imdad Khani players performing/recording this raag. Of course, there is the Budhaditya LP of it which is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and he recorded at age 25! If you haven't heard you are missing out, PM me because I have it. But, I would honestly kill for a Vilayat Khan rendition of it.

*************************************************************************************************

Oops, almost forgot to post the link, lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/anju831

And please feel free to add any knowledge/tracks that you may have! Enjoy guys!

Anju, I went back to this post of yours and noted your yearning for a Bhimpalasi recording of UVK. I completely empathize ! Although not one of his more common choices, UVK did play Bhimpalasi at the ITCSRA in Kolkata at least once. After his demise there was a special edition of the well known literary magazine "Desh" (in Bengali) that was dedicated to him and one of the music critics in Kolkata, most likely Nilaksha Gupta, mentioned this particular program and what a spectacular rendition it was. IT is preserved in the archives of the ITCSRA but getting to it is a completely different matter altogether. But thought I would mention at least.

Merry Christmas everyone.

CC
I would kill or maim for a UVK Bhimpalasi as well, although I am told that there is one by URK which some people might have in their private collection for which I could kill as well..... ops:
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.