INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #1 
Any experts from the Lukhnow Gharana on this forum? Particularly Ustad Wajid Hussain. I know there are some students here that are connected to to Ustad Wajid Hussain's lineage.

I need a composition verified. There are also 2 spots where I need the nikas clarified.

It is a gath. A shorter version of this piece is also found to be referenced as the "Pakhwaji Gath".

Composer: Ustad Wajid Hussain, Lukhnow Gharana. Taal: Teen Taal. Composition: Gath.

KatTira KitTak TakeTira KitTak
DhiDhir KitTak TakeTira KitTak
DhumaKit KitTak TakeTir KitTak
TakeTir KitTak TakeTir KitTak
DhirDhir KitDhir DhirKit GadiGene
DhinTira KitTak TakeTir KitTak
DhumaKit Kittak TakeTira KitTak
TakeTira KitDhir DhirKit GadiGene

If some one out there knows, please confirm the following. Please also indicate a point of reference for your confirmation.

1. Is the composition written out above correct?
I have my suspicions on the following lines.
a. After DhumaKit KitTak are there 3 TakeTira KitTak in succession or is there 1 taktirakittak
b. Is matra #21 & 22 DhinTira Kittak or TinTira Kittak
c. Is matra #29 & 30 TakeTira KitDhir or TakeTira KitTak

2. How to execute DhirDhir KitDhir DhirKit GadiGene at faster speed

3. Going back to point 1C,
a. if matra 29 and 30 is TakeTira KitDhir then how does one execute this phrase? b. If matra 29 and 30 is TakeTira KitTak then how does this fit within the cycle?

4. if the answer is in line 3B, then is this a Gath that ends after the sam?

Thanks for anyone that can provide any insight. Please don't forget to include your references such as I saw it here.... or I learned it from ....
RevolvingSound

Reply with quote  #2 
Swapanda's nephew Debasish Chaudhuri has a tabla school based in Los Angeles called Rupak school of music. You can forward your request to him.

http://www.rupakschoolofmusic.org/index.htm
evening84

Reply with quote  #3 
This is indeed a very beautiful gat. For some reason, it always conjures up images of rail travel in India for me. So I have put the two together - hopefully the connection is not too far fetched :

hbajpai

Reply with quote  #4 
This is just way too cool! Awesome.
luis_tabla

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "evening84"
This is indeed a very beautiful gat. For some reason, it always conjures up images of rail travel in India for me. So I have put the two together - hopefully the connection is not too far fetched :

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhh!!! it
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.