INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
paideuma

Reply with quote  #1 
namaskar
Last year I studied sarangi with Faiyaz Ali Khan ji in Varanasi. I am now thinking about returning to India. I would like to learn Esraj or Dilruba but I was unable to find any player or teacher even in Varanasi. I know Esraj and Dilruba are even more rare than sarangi but there must be players or teachers somewhere.

Does anyone know of a esraj or dilruba teacher in India? I was told maybe it is possible to find a teacher in Kolkata. I would be grateful if someone could point in the right direction.

thanks
ragamala

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "paideuma"
namaskar
Last year I studied sarangi with Faiyaz Ali Khan ji in Varanasi. I am now thinking about returning to India. I would like to learn Esraj or Dilruba but I was unable to find any player or teacher even in Varanasi. I know Esraj and Dilruba are even more rare than sarangi but there must be players or teachers somewhere.

Does anyone know of a esraj or dilruba teacher in India? I was told maybe it is possible to find a teacher in Kolkata. I would be grateful if someone could point in the right direction.

thanks
As you haven't had a reply from anyone with knowledge, I can perhaps make the suggestion to seek out a Sikh teacher, perhaps through a gurdwara, as the esraj/dilruba is frequently taken up by members of the Sikh community.
arshadisrajdilruba

Reply with quote  #3 
hi this is arshad israj player if u want to learn israj dilruba just call me 9873019823 and mail me on arshadisrajplayer@hotmail.com if u wanna chek my israj video chek at out on youtube just type it on youtube esraj arshad
satwas

Reply with quote  #4 
hallo frend
i also lernd with fayaz ali khan saurangi
than i switch to dilruba as i wantet before also .in varanasi is maby a theacher, but they did not told u bekause busines ... :x i play now dilruba 4 years . now i can say peapole do not run away with ther fingers i the eares . :-] im atualy in kathmandu there are 2 esrajplayers .there are my good frends now . i will go to kolkata soon, to find there theacher .punjab is also on my list but not in neer future . yes it is hard to find theacher 4 those insuments .but my frend suraj nepal does also make internet thaching. im also wery happy to find an good fiberglas box 4 my insument ,in dehli .i try to macke them my self but failt 2 times .im also abele to tacke an dilruba /esraj apart and asambele again .i did this recently with sucses.skin excance sound optimizing ....
for 2 years i was ithe posishen that my dilruba got an axident ,i droptet ,so i had 2 repair it .now i can do .so if sombody need help ,feel fee to ask :-)
arshadesrajplayer

Reply with quote  #5 
hi friends this arshad esraj player i m giving classes on skype and youtube if any one wants any help for learn esraj dilruba taus tar shehnai u can add me skype my id is arshadisrajplayer and u can e mail me on arshadesrajplayer@hotmail.com and my mobile no. 09873019823 call me so enjoy and learn what u want in rare instruments . take care b b bye
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.