INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Surbaharplayer

Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.whatsthatdudeplay.com/2011/07/namm-ehx-offers-sitar-in-a-box/

My guess is it won't replace an avarage Rikhi Ram....
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #2 
EHX has some clever designs, to be sure...they aren't an unimaginative lot, at least they aren't just churning out tube screamer clones and your basic chorus and delay pedals...

But yeah, I would expect that pedal to sound interesting and exotic to the sorts of people who haven't listened to much sitar music! Might fit in nicely in psychedelic jam band, but no, don't sell your Rikhi just yet!
TCPerez

Reply with quote  #3 
Haha, yeah, Electro Harmonics is one of my favorite effects pedal companies, but I can't reasonably see how any set of transducers/resistors (thats all a pedal really is) could make a guitar sound like a sitar. Sitar sound (to me anyway) is all about the natural overtones and emotive, life-like voice of the instrument... And thats something that electronics can never TRULY emulate :wink:
TCPerez

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TCPerez"
Haha, yeah, Electro Harmonics is one of my favorite effects pedal companies, but I can't reasonably see how any set of transducers/resistors (thats all a pedal really is) could make a guitar sound like a sitar. Sitar sound (to me anyway) is all about the natural overtones and emotive, life-like voice of the instrument... And thats something that electronics can never TRULY emulate :wink:
But I would love to try this pedal myself
barend

Reply with quote  #5 
Curious how that pedal will sound. I like the design. It will never sound like a sitar but it can have some nice new and unique textures for guitar.
Just like a Coral sitar. I like that sound too. It has a nice sound of it's own, not to be compared to a real sitar but it doesn't have to.
Surbaharplayer

Reply with quote  #6 
I think it will be a bigger version of their Freeze-pedal. This pedal takes a short part of your playing and loops it, making atanpura-like drone). Not sure...eagerly awaiting videos.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.