INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
beenkar

Reply with quote  #1 
Great Raga Shivmat Bhairav on Rudra Veena by Shri Suvir Misra.

Free Download of Raga Shivmat Bhairav MP3 CD (Lo-Fi) excerpts :

Track 1 : Alaap Raga Shivmat Bhairav (Lo-Fi) (17:44)

http://www.beenkar.com/Audio/Suvir_ShivmatBhairav_AlaapGig_LoFi.mp3

Track 2: Jod Raga Shivmat Bhairav ( Lo-Fi) (13:50)

http://www.beenkar.com/Audio/Suvir_ShivmatBhairav_JodGig_LoFi.mp3

Beenkar Suvir Misra is a disciple of the Dhrupad maestro Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar and his disciple Nirmalaya Dey . He is one of the few distinguished left hand artist who has mastered the three traditional Veenas of Hindustani and Karnatic music- the Rudra Veena, the Saraswati Veena and the Surbahar .
Beenkar Suvir performs on the three Veenas in the 'Gayaki Ang' (Vocal Style) in which all the fluidity and subtle nuances of the human voice are integrated with the traditional Beenkari.

povster

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks very much, beenkar! So little rudra vin (by comparison) to sitar. This is very much appreciated.
Surbaharplayer

Reply with quote  #3 
ooowwww...cool!!!!
Very nice to hear their are other people, than the better known names, are playing the veena!! Pitty the recording is lowfi...I've played the alaap several times now, great!!! Is the hi-fi version also available?

The website looks also promising, here another veena-site worth visiting:

http://www.rudravina.com/

I noticed they recently added the english version to the original French site.

Keep up the good work!!

Peace,

Remco
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #4 
OUTASITE MAN, YOUR BLOWIN MY MIND wow good stuff, I look forward to the completion of the website. This stuff really helps me in my approach to alap on the sitar also. thanks Beenkar!

Reply with quote  #5 
Just a little sidestep here BUT
I picked up 2 VCDs of Asad Ali Khan playing Rudra Vina from DoorDarshan Archives in Chennai. They seem to releasing all kinds of things at the mo. He plays, among others, Chandrakauns & Darbari. There's even a mini talk by him on one. Interesting to see his technique on this rather unwieldy monster.

Nick
beenkar

Reply with quote  #6 
We would be soon enabling download of the Lo-Fi version of the remaining Tracks from the Side A (Raga Shivmat Bhairav) of the CD as under:

Track 3: Fast Jod section

Track 4: Gat-Composition in Chautaal.

Side B of the CD contains Raga Bihagada which is a beautiful and a difficult variant of the Raga Behag. You may mail your requests for Hi-Fi versions at the site.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.