INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #1 
David isn't going to do it, so I will:

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS,

We currently have 30 names on the member list, many of you are returning members. If 20 of us can pledge $50.00 each to help defray the cost of keeping these forums as the best ICM communication tool on the entire web, that would come to $1,000.00. That's not much, but I know our Generous Host would certainly appreciate it. I know we can raise that amount, and hopefully even more!

(please copy and paste the following to your pledge and add your name and amount to the list - THIS IS A CUMULATIVE MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE - WHATEVER amount you can contribute COUNTS! DO IT NOW! )

THANKS!

(David, if you would supply a mailing address, I would urge everyone to pay their pledge as soon as they make it.)

I PLEDGE $50.00 TO CHANDRAKANTHA.COM INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS!

Signed, 'aanaddha'

Reply with quote  #2 
Asalaam alaikum to all,
The lineage is this, AlBob Begat Heywood Jablomee then Begated some more and Abdulla Latif was born of a virgin and rescued from a reed basket floating in the river. ABbob has not regained the use of his tongue although we polish and wax him regularly. Heywood after dabbling in ICM as a way to meet "chicks" (He misunderstood chikari) has accepted a position on the hill lobbying Republicans for the law firm Sid Tuashunal,Ethex,Morel,Lee, Karupt. We wish him luck in a field that he will excel in.
Abdul Latif will seek to discuss topics in " a beautiful voice" eschewing the pugnacious punnery of the previous pundit in the FarhanGharana.
I was concerned that the forum had been hacked or that David was onto my avocation collecting billy goats from pedestrians crossing bridges. Instead we have a fine new forum

Ohhh yea: I PLEDGE $20.00 TO CHANDRAKANTHA.COM INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS! ( ops: Heywood absconded with the petty cash, so $20.00 is eating into the lithium carbonate budget ops: )
?? Is there a secure link to make donations through??

Reply with quote  #3 
Me too-

50.00$
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #4 
p.s.
I'll bet an additional $20. that the renowned Tablinians will count up more contributions than the lowly Sitarites! :wink:

Thanks guys,

A.

Reply with quote  #5 
We are not worthy :wink:

Q: Whats long and hard on a Tablachi :?:

A: Third grade :!: boom sisss

Now gimmie all your billy goats. :wink:

Reply with quote  #6 
I pledge 20 dollars to the forums!

DhaGe Na TiTa Ge Na!!!

-B
RevolvingSound

Reply with quote  #7 
and where can we make the donations???
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #8 
For those who have a Paypal account the link for donations is here:

http://www.chandrakantha.com/donation.html

Reply with quote  #9 
got it and and done, make sure to add a note to which forum you are donating see how many tablajis out there are representing!!!
Anonymous

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "RevolvingSound"
got it and and done, make sure to add a note to which forum you are donating see how many tablajis out there are representing!!!
Day 1 of the Tabla vs. Sitar Pledge Competition:

Tabla - 2
Sitar - 2

We need to hear from some of the dealers, too - Keshav, Bharat, Gurdip, ... ??
povster

Reply with quote  #11 
Well not sure if you consider it applicable, but I donated last month of my own accord. (it was more than $50.)
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #12 
Yep Pov!! you be an honorary Walla and your name will be recorded on the The Emerald Scrolls of Hermes Trimestigarus. Or at least in the local weekly.

PS: Someone goosed the Vendors and They do deserve to be goosed soundly and regularly :wink: , however if they have a advertisment on the site they do contribute to the cause.

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
Well not sure if you consider it applicable, but I donated last month of my own accord. (it was more than $50.)
No doubt about it - some people are just way ahead of the curve! That makes 3 donations from the sitar people.

A.

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AbdulLatif"
Yep Pov!! you be an honorary Walla and your name will be recorded on the The Emerald Scrolls of Hermes Trimestigarus. Or at least in the local weekly.

PS: Someone goosed the Vendors and They do deserve to be goosed soundly and regularly :wink: , however if they have a advertisment on the site they do contribute to the cause.

Every member benefits equally from the discussions here, including the vendors. Remember, vendors are people, too! :wink:

Pretty poor turnout ( 5 donations) considering the number of people who've registered as members in the last 24 hours
But a hearty THANKS to everyone who has risen to call!

A.

Reply with quote  #15 
C'MON YA SLACKERS!!!! :evil: I'm so cheap I got shoes older than most of you guys!!!

Ya know maybe that slander about sitarist being flakey has some weight!!! Prove em wrong!!!!.

And MY GAWD What can ya say about Tabla players...I never met one that didn't ask Wheres the food? and When do I get paid? Sooo we know you got the shekals, rupes, greenbacks, ducats or foodstamps!!!

If I have to kick in any more its good by Lithium, and thats not a pretty sight :x :evil: :roll: :arrow: :arrow:

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.