INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
TukKranDha

Reply with quote  #1 
Given alll the wiretapping that has been going on with the Bush administration, does anyone out there think twice when talking on the phone to tabla friends about "Kayda", since it sounds like a certain well known organization? Are tabla players being watched?

OK, I'm sort of kidding here--I'm not really worried. But should I be? Have any of your tabla playing friend been "disappeared"?

TukKranDha
TukKranDha

Reply with quote  #2 
BTW, I earlier posted a "Pakistani Kayda" I know. DEFINITELY do no talk about that phone, unless you want to see what one of Bush's Eastern European gulags looks like.
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #3 
...speaking of global warnings...

http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792/

:?

A.

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice. I think I would rather watch that over and over tonight instead of the State of the Union.
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TukKranDha"
Very nice. I think I would rather watch that over and over tonight instead of the State of the Union.
The State of the Union is fine... it's the state our leadership that's questionable.

A.

Reply with quote  #6 
Ain't so funny. A week after 9/11 an Afghani customer drove up to New York from W. Virginia to buy a scale-changer. Not 10 minutes after he left my place the FBI was knocking at my door. They questioned me for an hour. They detained my customer (a very very respected and beloved singer) at his hotel for 4 hours. If you think Curious George isn't listening - think again.
Cheers,
Keshav
jaan e kharabat

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aanaddha"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TukKranDha"
The State of the Union is fine... it's the state our leadership that's questionable.

A.
NOT intending to get into a heated political debate, but how is the 'State of Union' fine and the 'leadership' suspect when it is the 'Union' ie the public who voted the suppossed questionable leadership into office for two terms in a row ???

I know that you may have said it like you did A. for comical reasons but it still begs the question dont you think?

Reply with quote  #8 
NOT intending to get into a heated political debate, but how is the 'State of Union' fine and the 'leadership' suspect when it is the 'Union' ie the public who voted the suppossed questionable leadership into office for two terms in a row ???

I know that you may have said it like you did A. for comical reasons but it still begs the question dont you think?

I didn't vote for "Curious George" but fortunately I live in a country that still upholds and respects the elected office. We also still have reasonable representation and some semblence of checks and balances between the various agencies of our goverment. Some of us may be furious and irate with the current administration and it's policies but we're not killing each other and our innocent neighbors over our political and religious differences. Unfortunately, we don't have as much to say about the business our leadership chooses to conduct in other parts of the world nor are we privy to all of that information as it occurs.

A.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.