INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 8     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
cabernethy

Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
We westerners don't work in this sloppy fashion
Whilst I have a huge amount of sympathy for Jan on this occasion, please let us not get into such over-generalisations which are simply not true. Every country has it's honest suppliers and also cheats, they are everywhere and to suggest otherwise is a falsehood.

Carl
sraman

Reply with quote  #77 
This I what I have to say. People kept on writing bad things about the RA sitar maker. They were not given a chance to defend for themselves or speak for themselves. I should speak from my own experince. I bought a sitar from this firm and got delivered a beautiful necklace gayaki sitar to my home in Trivandrum, India.There was no fuss about any thing. I have been to their workshop in Miraj in Dec 2007 and observed what they are doing. They are a bunch of very nice guys.
I hate people talking so many bad things about India, as if the rest of the world is fantastic. Who collapsed the banking system in the USA, who stole millions of dollars from the banks and finally ended up in the jail? Who is the electricity giant who stole billions of dollars, now in the gail? They are not the Indians. I am sure people are aware of the rogue British trader who collapsed a European bank. The list is endless. The sitar maker; he dealt only with a few hundred dollars, not billions of dollars and people are on his throat.Shame on you guys!
sitar_shahidaliss

Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sraman"
This I what I have to say. People kept on writing bad things about the RA sitar maker. They were not given a chance to defend for themselves or speak for themselves. I should speak from my own experince. I bought a sitar from this firm and got delivered a beautiful necklace gayaki sitar to my home in Trivandrum, India.There was no fuss about any thing. I have been to their workshop in Miraj in Dec 2007 and observed what they are doing. They are a bunch of very nice guys.
I hate people talking so many bad things about India, as if the rest of the world is fantastic. Who collapsed the banking system in the USA, who stole millions of dollars from the banks and finally ended up in the jail? Who is the electricity giant who stole billions of dollars, now in the gail? They are not the Indians. I am sure people are aware of the rogue British trader who collapsed a European bank. The list is endless. The sitar maker; he dealt only with a few hundred dollars, not billions of dollars and people are on his throat.Shame on you guys!
dear sraman i like your word about maker i try to make good ins every time for every costumer for some rupees ...Rs 34000 thousand i sell concert model sitar transposition charges Rs 15000 + case 5000 rest Rs 14000 for sitar cost which is not big thing i earn net profit approx Rs 7000 which means $140 ...while transport if come some scratch one sitar some people blame on maker but not see story behind maker ...why ?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #79 
sraman
While I DO agree/apologise about overgeneralisation, this gent has had MORE than enough time to sort himself out so let's not start this opposing East vs West superiority bakwas, please!!!
You got YOUR sitar from India IN,note, IN India & didn't need it sending abroad so your experience isn't quite so relevant to those of us that go to India every year & have to deal with perfectly well packed goods that arrive broken or damaged in some way.
I was told Speed Post don't/won't insure goods sent by them.

I had a surbahar sent to my home from Varanasi in a packed, soft bag & then in a fibreglass one & it arrive completely broken in two!!!!!! NO DAMAGE whatsoever on the gourd or a single mark on the fibre box. Just snapped right across the neck join with not a mark on the decoration of both sides. Deliberate??? Who can say??!?!
Now can anyone here explain this?!?!!?!?

Oh and as far as this forum is concerned it's the SITAR FORUM not the BANKING ON LINE or Financial Times web site so might want to reread your post, please!!

Nick
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #80 
Dear Friends,
just now I received this. I know you all might be tired from this neverending saga, just want that every detail since now will be public:

dear jan sir,
withen two day i will send to you legal notice by miraj and mumbai cort,
i will clam on u chitting ang and miss use my name and negative publish my nameon social networking,

ur tumba is ready in my shop,
but i will disappoeinted from u so i didnt send ur tumba,
u lot of tell in chandrakanta.com so i very disappointed from u ,so i recived ur all comments from chandrakanta .comand clam on u in miraj cort.

u need this problem sowlf so send me money and recived ur upper tumba

u send me money trangish number i will send to you tumba parcal tracking number,

ok sir
with best regards,
wasim.
Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #81 
i will clam on u chitting ang and
What does he mean by this!!
You can make out the rest but this chitting ang is this something new. I've heard of gayaki ang but chitting ang!! :roll:
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #82 
I don't know which hurts more, my brain or my eyes, the pain keeps pulsating from one to the other. :roll:

Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bakersbites786"
i will clam on u chitting ang and
What does he mean by this!!
You can make out the rest but this chitting ang is this something new. I've heard of gayaki ang but chitting ang!! :roll:
Ha Still the main point is, should I take this threatening seriously? Does he really think this is the best thing to do now? Something which will calm the situation and help to find some solution?
I completely do not understand his standpoint
Jan
Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #84 
Personally pal I would turn to somebody like Lars, Tony sitarfixer or anybody else who has experience with the fellows for advise.

Had it not been for this forum I'm 100% certain you would not have got your sitar. Also had it been a concern for repitation I'm sure he could have intervened sooner. If these law courts are like anything what there like in neighbouring Pakistan. I'd get yourself a glass of cold milk and chill.
Ramesh

Reply with quote  #85 
Dear Sirs,
With all due respect Sahibjis and Prabhujis,let us try to refrain from making fun of (or even mocking) Ayub's misspellings and typograpichal errors,since that is not the issue here.I have recently made a transaction with a different Indian sitarmaker and his spellings are also not 100% correct but I think there is essentially nothing wrong with that.I totally understand them because English is not their first language.The issue here is whether Ayub bhai has ripped off Jan Prabhu or not.Looking at how things are going,I guess it is for the consumer court to decide(?)

As an Asian immigrant here in the US,Ive had my share of people(including Asians raised here) laughing at me or even mocking my accent.I personally dont take any grudge against them,since their attitude towards people different from them only reflects their character and even their upbringing.Even in my country,the city dwellers would mock at the accent of the rural folks(who speaks a different dialect).I think such "discrimination"(if one would consider it a such) exists everywhere.I know it is a free world but that doesnt mean we have to be insensitive of other people's background and culture(please,dont misinterpret this as me soliciting "affirmative action" or "symphaty for the minority"))

Jan Prabhu,I hope everything works out for the best.As Sason mentioned,maybe you two can work out on an agreement or a compromise.

No problem is solved using heightened emotions.We must try to solve things with a clear mind and peaceful heart(this goes out for everyone,including me of course).I have worked in the interfaith dialogue movement in my country where Christians and Muslims are literally killing each other,putting the innocent civilians of both religions(and including tribal people,Buddhists,Hindus,etc) in the crossfire,all because both sides doesnt want to put down their guns and talk as civilized people.I was more than willing to put myself in the middle as a sacrificial lamb just for the sake of creating a dialogue for peace between two parties.And as a student of music,i am still idealistic that music,art,literature could help bridge the gap that egoism,bitterness,self righteousnes and anger has created.To quote Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
"If in every home one child was taught Hindustani classical music this country would never have been partitioned."(referring to India/Pakistan).

If i have offended anyone,please accept my most humble apologies and deepest respects.
May God Bless all of you.

your servant,
Ramesh

Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "yak.a.co"
... But having some doubts about the wood I send photos of bare wooden parts to Tonyda and what a surprise, it is tun !!!!
To me, many of the things I have read in this thread sometimes seem like the kind of difficulties small businesses and contractors can have with their customers. Sometimes a business doesn't communicate with its customer as well as it should. Sometimes a business is behind in production and will say anything to keep the customer calm enough to save the order. Sometimes big mistakes are made and another one and another one. Sometimes the customer misunderstands the deal. A lot of things can go wrong in business. But did I read the above correctly? Jan ordered a teak sitar and got a tun sitar. :?:

Reply with quote  #87 
Holy Mackeral ! ! ! What a show ! ! ! Hey, Skipper ! Come here and get a load of this ! ! ! Pretty amazing stuff going on here. The "failure to communicate - complete with mirror shades" is to be expected. I experienced it face to face in Miraj on countless occasions. The language difference is part of it. The dyed in the wool, done it for generations concept runs strong as well as the idea that you, the customer couldn't possibly know better than me, the sitarwalla. Culture, custom, old habit , whatever, it is the hard ugly reality of day to day dealings for ferengi in India. I expect the same could be said the other way around. There it is. I can't imagine how a court case is going to help anybody other than letting off steam and helping finance a "Dhani Kreen" in Mumbai Legal. Yak. I feel that at this point your best bet is to eat this one, cough up the funds and send it off to Miraj and see if you will actually get that upper tumba. The impact has already been made regarding your situation and the Miraj situation in general. This forum media blitz has obviously had tremendous effect in Miraj. Its a safe bet that every sitarwalla there is well aware of all that has transpired with your extended transaction woes. I went through all kinds of grief, especially towards the end of my stay in India with communication, quality control, etc. - and I was there in person to monitor the proceedings. Fighting this one would be like whipping a dead horse or argueing with a sick mind. No winner and no progress. Interesting semi related side note : Check out Wasim Sitarmaker on Facebook. There is a picture album of a Rudra Veena that Ayoub, Zamir and the gang there have built. It's the closest to a Vintage Kanai Lal Rudra Veena I've seen. - a really spectacular effort and worth taking a look. It would appear that a serious effort is being made to build/rebuild the image and reputation as perceived back around 2008. Can't find fault there. More power to them. Hope it works. Time will tell. So, we all, I'm sure will be monitoring the "progress" of this drama and hope it all somehow sorts itself out. " Temba, at rest " !

Reply with quote  #88 
...I wonder how much they got for that dremel tool you gave them? ..or if it's still collecting dust on a hook someplace?

Reply with quote  #89 
Strictly in regards the the grammar - I would ask any folks who are making fun of it how well they would do expressing themselves in written Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, Gujarati etc. Use their script as well.

So, how well would you do?

Just a thought on making fun of people who may speak English better than we can speak their native tongue.

I also ask because the limitations of English has absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #90 
Sound advise from sitarfixer. I had a feeling he'd make an impression. Apologies to person in question and forum moderators for any offences Inregards to my comment on "chitting ang"

I suppose people need to be kept in check. Otherwise the forum suffers. Good job povster/Ramesh.
Somebody dropped a hint "keep out of trouble" on an email before he initialled it, perhaps I should have contemplated.

I think I'm gonna take up English grammer lesson too. A little effort goes a long way.

It's not in my nature to take the p!ss or make fun of anybody. Sorry!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.