INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 8     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #61 
Max,

May I please have the first copy?

Reply with quote  #62 
signed and with a box of the best sandalwood incense..

...sure. It's a deal. If I ever get around to writing it. But first I have to play sitar properly, finish the Echo Project, finish all the instruments under construction, earn some money, buy a new kurta, good heavens...

I need a ghostwriter

Reply with quote  #63 
Hi friends,
so it continues furthermore !!! I do not belive it !!! I have received messages from different people that Ayub is bombarding them with calls and emails stating that he made verything accurately and that I am the cheat who stole him the instrument and did not pay !!! Wow.
Woooooooooooooooooow !!!!!!!!!
Now he denies he even send an unmatching thumbi and that he told me I should pay him after he will send the right one. It seems he now even wants 8 000 rs for the case he gave me so generously for free, as an excuse for delay as I understood it. Furthermore he starts to threaten people who helped me to get the sitar from him of what things he will do against them and against me ... Hey everybody and anybody: who would like to see involved email exchanges and the chats: I have stored some important of them, thanks GOD !!! and can thus show you all where is the truth !!! So stupid was I that when he was urging me again and again and again to recover his dirty name I made such an effort to play it in the out(as we say in czech) and to mainly focus on the fact the instrument is after some days of modifications and jawari refinishing really nice.
So this kind of guy is making sitars for us !!! Once more I repeat, now nearly in tears and with double broken heart: do not trust him, avoid him, do not buy his instruments. This is not anymore that Ayub which we knew ...
I am now nearly prepaired to personally go to Miraj, give them the baby back for free, spit on their pavement and go back home freed from this nightmare ...
Jan
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #64 
Oh Dear what a horrible situation for you. We all back you up here.
NO BOX costs 8 thou roops, anywhere, even at Rikhi Raam's!!!
Pay nothing more to this guy & most certainly do NOT go to his shop ever!!!

Keep ALL emails from him & check the dates & make sure the emails ARE actually from HIM too. Could you copy them & show us what he's saying to you?

Best Wishes
Nick
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #65 
Good grief! If I were you I'd just ignore him at this point...at least you have your sitar (take the matching tumba as a loss, maybe) and don't worry about what he says. Not as if he's going to come get it back. He's not going to profit from this ultimately; the mills of God grind slow, but they grind exceeding small, as one of our poets said. Actually one of Germany's poets I think, and one of ours just paraphrased him!

It is sad because speaking as an owner of a wonderfully made, beautiful sounding RA sitar, and bearing in mind the obvious quality and worksmanship of your sitar, it seems their shop is gifted in sitar manufacturing. If they could match it in business ethics and customer service, they might have a good thing going. Always sad to see talent wasted.
sitar_shahidaliss

Reply with quote  #66 
yesterday ayyub bhai meet me & told me on your request i send sitar to jan & he receive on 21 July ....but i dont receive my rest amount .....he gives me details
i receive Rs 20050 at the time of order......rest Rs 43950 i dont gate
sitar price is Rs 35000 + fiber case Rs 6000 + transport Rs 23000 = Rs 64000
now ayyub bhai is disappoint on me .....
ayyub bhai show me details of all email .....
jan told me order is i year ago but ayyub bhai show email of order the date is 5th jan 2012
ayyub bhai told me jan told me take more time & make good ins ,,thats why i am late in sending
& after 6 month he gate his sitar on 24 julay 2012 & i see email where u write u like sitar ...
then u told ayyub bhai on 26 julay u will send rest money ,,,but why r u not sending ?
ayyub bhai told me he will take action on consumer Cort in Mumbai head office...
& he also involve me on this case ,,,,please jan do something if u want double thumba extra i will take responsibility but send rest money to him ...
shahid
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #67 
Do not believe my eyes.
I recently came back home, so sorry for late reply.
To Nick: please let me know your email, I will surely send you all the comunication.
To everybody else who is not now so tired with this as I am: let me know your email, I will send you this also. I do not want to coment those prices ... the only number (including dates) which is true is the advance 20050 inr, nothing else.
To Shahid: yes, he now contacts anybody and everybody and is pulling them into this and telling they are responsible, even such a people like Arnab and others. I will send you my comunication with Arnab in this regard and you will maybe see better what is going on in here ... and to his threating: yes, he wrote to me, to Arnab, to this and that guy ... to everybody ... he thretens everyone what he will do against me, what he will do against them, whom to he will tell what ... okay, lets stop there. After all this I was planning to send him the shipping costs even if the order is not finished yet. But as he came out with threating, wants to pay the case which he told me is for free and has rised the price of instrument to completely diferent number than was ofered before order I am not sure I am going to send him something, unless he changes his attitude, apologize to everyone he attacked during last two weeks and will send the missing parts !!!
Jan
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #68 
PS: I was only curious about the mentioned date 5th January 2012. Okay, if I gave him order this day, how is it possible I have an email from him where he is teling me carving is finished and that he is sending me photos tommorow, dating 4th January 2012?
Ha. I really do not know if to cry or smile at this point ...

To anybody whom he is bothering or even threatening with something: very sorry ... send him my way !!! He is obviously trying to involve half of India and rest of the world but is once again whatsoever not speaking and replying to me !!!!
Jan
sason

Reply with quote  #69 
Sorry to interfere, but this is my opinion:
Try to settle this with him and compromise about the extra payment. I believe you can reach an agreement. I think his prices are too high* but you got a nice sitar and this is the most important. If it was a crappy one it was another story. You can get a new upper tumba in 3000-4000 rupees.

*a couple of years ago I heard (I don't know if it is true) that Rikhi ram asks for 50,000 and Barun Roy 25,000. Last year, in Varanasi a good one is 10000-20000. The shipment charges seems to be very high but this depends on which way it was sent. 6000 rupees of case is ok (around 4000 in Varanasi). Of course, everything is flaxible!
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #70 
Okay,
will maybe take me some days or even weeks, cause the count of chats and emails is nearly 160 ... For now I just went through them and those are the REAL dates involved. Please anybody who would like to see further details pm me your gmail or other account, I can resend you anything to stand as a proof. Dates below:

23. 9. 2011 clearing details before order
4. 10. 2011 instrument ordered (note: In my first post I mentioned august, sorry for that, I am not a native speaker and am again and again mistaking august to october ... however it does not change a lot on this I think)
14. 10. 2011 mail urging the photos of wood
7. 11. 2011 mail urging the photos of wood
14. 11. 2011 received the photos of finished body, not plain wood
15. 12. 2011 after urging carving started
20.12. 2011 repair instructions for badly made parts sent
10. 1. 2012 ready for polishing
16. 1. 2012 advance money send
28. 1. 2012 urged the photos, no response
16. 2. 2012 urged the photos, no response
8. 3. 2012 replied! ready for fitting
4. 4. 2012 asking for photos - nothing !
11. 4. 2012 asking for reply and calling - nothing !
16. 4. 2012 asking for reply and calling - nothing !
25. 4. 2012 asking for reply and calling - nothing !
7. 5. 2012 asking for advance back - nothing !
13. 5. 2012 asking for advance back - nothing !
17.5. 2012 asking for advance back - nothing !
26. 5. 2012 asking for advance back - nothing !
30. 5. 2012 asking for advance back - nothing !
7. 6. 2012 posting it on Chandrakantha
13.6. 2012 replied! ready to ship - tomorrow
20. 6. 2012 asking for reply - nothing !
26. 6. 2012 asking for reply - nothing !
*** period of loosing even the last hope ***
16. 7. 2012 received tracking number
24. 7. 2012 received the instrument after four day
fight with clerks - missing documents,
cost me 150 USD extra
25. 7. 2012 unmatching thumbi and missing parts, payment
of remainder postponed after it is solved, started
the refinishing to playable condition
10. 8. 2012 thumbi ready to ship, they told me
11. 8. 2012 trying to arrange the shipping and sending of
the remainder money, no reply
20. 8. 2012 first messages from people who helped me and
whom RA started to threaten with diferent
things including civil action etc
10. 9. 2012 beginn to compile all the involved emails
and chats (more than 160 in number) starting
with this date scheme

exhausted ...
... Jan
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sason"
Sorry to interfere, but this is my opinion:
Try to settle this with him and compromise about the extra payment. I believe you can reach an agreement. I think his prices are too high* but you got a nice sitar and this is the most important. If it was a crappy one it was another story. You can get a new upper tumba in 3000-4000 rupees.

*a couple of years ago I heard (I don't know if it is true) that Rikhi ram asks for 50,000 and Barun Roy 25,000. Last year, in Varanasi a good one is 10000-20000. The shipment charges seems to be very high but this depends on which way it was sent. 6000 rupees of case is ok (around 4000 in Varanasi). Of course, everything is flaxible!
Hi Sason,
thank you for your opinion. Just to repeat: he told me - the customer, he is sorry to mistakely pack a bad thumbi, that he is going to send the right one asap and that I could pay him after it is solved. So, I told him ok and was waiting with my money prepaired to send them after I will receive the thumbi. Insted of sending anything he started to threaten people with civil actions and what else I do not want to post there, intentionally not teling me anything. I know I can get a matching thumbi, surely. I was also planning to pay him at least the shipping even if he did not send anything. But as he started with threatening and offences to respected people who helped me and is distorting the truth about the order even using altered emails and chats, how would you imgaine should I find any compromise with him as he is as always not responding to my messages whatsoever? Just take the date he claims it was ordered ... 5. 1. 2012 ... lies! The day before I already received a message that the carving is finished ...
Jan
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #72 
... the very last post from me today I hope ...
just two more things I have forgotten to share with you in this regard:
The answers I received were always delayed from those reasons: two times it was because someone in his family died, one time it was because a child was born, six times the internet did not work - accuately on the date he had the deadline to send some photos, three times he was hospitalized .....
... and the very last thing, maybe best in the whole story: we agreed on price same as if it were from Barun - 30 000 inr. He raised it to 35 000 when speaking to Shahid. Okay, everything very nice till now ... But having some doubts about the wood I send photos of bare wooden parts to Tonyda and what a surprise, it is tun !!!!

Ha !!!

Jan
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #73 
Dear Jan
This is SOOOOO typical when you can't be there to kisck ass, so to speak.

Did you ever ask if he has some problem sorting your order out or has SOMEBODY ELSE got 'your' sitar as it was made.
Maybe he has a financial problem, I just wish people like this would tell us.

We westerners don't work in this sloppy fashion & it's very difficult sometimes getting this over to them in India.
I SHOULD KNOW!!! :roll:

Nick
coyootie

Reply with quote  #74 
after all the garbage this idiot has done to you Jan, why would you agree to send him one paisa more????
I did a large purchase form India years ago and after receiving everything, completely paid for, some clerk at the office writes ( this was before computers, remember that? aerogrammes?)that they had undercharged me for the shipping etc and would I please pay an additional $150.00. guess what I did!!!
Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #75 
A very sad situation.
I see he's charging Top notch price too. You would expect similar in way of customer service.
Even if the order was placed in early January, it shouldnt take as long as it did. I think when we ask them to take there time and make us a good instrument it gives them extra time to make somebody else's sitar and stick yours on yours on back burner. Then when the pockets are lined with the desposit it's game set and match. The only way out is to sing the song in that foreign tongue. I don't mean Hindi etc, but yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir. What ever you say sir.
The other is like Trippymonkey suggested and i would add wear good steel toe cap shoes and aim for the nuts. :evil:

I wouldnt worry about it too much. I'm sure your credibility is intact. Theres good people on this forum that have had experiences of dodgy businessman ship or even with the chap in question.
I sometimes feel we westerner are simply too polite.
I'm sure by the time this saga has concluded he'll have so much egg in his face that even he,ll start believing that his kidneys are playing up with its yellowishness and needs a transplant. I guess his in the right place for kidneys. And I'm sure It'll be a lot cheaper than the sitar.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.