INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 8      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #31 
For what its worth, Ayub is feeling the pinch as well. His kids are dodging goats on the streets of Miraj with their motor bikes, yapping on cell phones and totally engaged in all things "AMerikan". Ayub was telling me that he's reeeeel worried because those road warrior kids aren't learning the fine points of the trade. Sitar build quality will hit rock botton when this generation calls it a day. It's like the next "Dark Ages" are coming up on the horizon.

Reply with quote  #32 
Well then !! Perhaps "The Tone" (aka Tony the K) should create
a gaggle of "Mini-Me" to carry the torch into the glowing future??

The mind boggles :roll:
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #33 
Hi all,
so after whole that time I finally received a message from Ayub as follows:

Hello jan sir
how ru ? dont worry sir ur sitar is ready to fly. so toniight i will sen d to ure ur all photos with packing with dubal tumba
so dont worry about ur money or ur teak wood sitar. i am a big company so i will send to you.

... okay, tonight-promise number 86. in my history with Ayub ... or 87. ? do not know ... what I am sure any of this tonights were fulfilled.
So lets see, I will let you know. By the time 1008 thanks to all who have written or called him, seems it really worked well and something is going to happen now Or am I naive again?
Jan
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #34 
I was contacted as well. How about that ! ? ! It indeed seems the media blitz has scattered the goats in Miraj. Well done to all who participated in this noble campaign . Jan !!!Do keep us posted on developments. I'm sure we all want to know that you finally got your new baby!..All the best to you !

Reply with quote  #35 
dear..friend its relay discussing &shameful . due to few people ...every Indian businessman have to face it..
one of the my teacher said , in the business```` when u shake hands with someone empty hand ,,next time it has golden ring due to your business , because it he become rich .you will gate more business & popularity ""
i obey it & try to fulfill hands &hurt with joy & sanctification of my customer ..
but unfortunately every one have not teacher like me ..i hope you will trust me again & again & i will prove it again & again
shahid
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #36 
No worries, Shahidbhai. You certainly have my vote. As I said earlier, I would have been most happy to do regular business with you had I not gotten connected with R A first. I've seen your instruments and the way you operate first hand. I would have no hesitation doing business with you in the future. In fact, I'll be needing some supplies soon and will be contacting you. Your efforts at doing an honest business are noted and appreciated. It is indeed a shame that such an effort stands out so much in the sea of corruption that the rest of the world has unfortunately come to recognize. Carry on, Shahidbhai. You will be rewarded ! ! !

Reply with quote  #37 
dear tonyji thanks for kind word ...
quality & honesty is my promise
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #38 
Dear friends,
some news for all of you interested in this saga as Tony calls it, ha I waited some five more weeks after this *tonight I pormis Sir I am sending* and nothing happened. He did not send anything, even any photos, and was again not replying whatsoever. Shahidji was so kind he took it in his hands, despite risking to make himself troubles and was even prepaired to pay the rest of the price, get it from him and arrange the shipping himself. After this and all your help the *international intervention* worked and after nearly a year from the order the parcel is in Czech for four days already, waiting in Prague for the clrerks to let it in - cause there are some documents missing ... did not expect anything else than this situation ... simply Ayub On the other hand for the first time in my history with him he offered me I can send remaining money after receiving the instrument. He was not forcing me to give him full payment in advance and to pray he will send something. WOW! Did not expect something like this to ever happen ... Furthermore he told me that the fiber cases are for free. So lets see what they are ... am really really curious !!!
So after/if the day will come and I will have the sitar in my hands I will surely let you know and try to post some photos also.
Thank you!
Jan
DonovanJaymz

Reply with quote  #39 
Personally, I'm not ordering anything from India ever again. I recently ordered a fiber glass case from India that was wrapped in a f#%#@ burlap cloth with no box or packing material. It arrive kicked in, cracked, scratched, and butt-ugly. I had to fight to get any kind of refund back and ended up getting 80% back. Thankfully I ordered through Ebay, otherwise I probably wouldn't have got any refund (thanks to Ebay's buyer protection policies!)
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "DonovanJaymz"
Personally, I'm not ordering anything from India ever again. I recently ordered a fiber glass case from India that was wrapped in a f#%#@ burlap cloth with no box or packing material. It arrive kicked in, cracked, scratched, and butt-ugly. I had to fight to get any kind of refund back and ended up getting 80% back. Thankfully I ordered through Ebay, otherwise I probably wouldn't have got any refund (thanks to Ebay's buyer protection policies!)
Donovan if the identity of the erring shopkeeper / supplier can be made known, others can be warned.
Neal

Reply with quote  #41 
What puzzles me is how this type of business etiquette, which is seemingly culturally ingrained can continue to exist if India is becoming a burgeoning economic power? How are they becoming such a power if this culturally ingrained nonsense continues to exist?
DonovanJaymz

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sanjeeb"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "DonovanJaymz"
Donovan if the identity of the erring shopkeeper / supplier can be made known, others can be warned.
The Ebay seller was himalaya_hardware. They are some kind of middle-man.
yak.a.co

Reply with quote  #43 
Hi firends!
So, just shortly: THE sitar is here, right in my house, right in my hands! It took nearly a year and without your intervention from last months I am sure I will not get nothing ... Yes, there are some beauty imperfections on the sitar, but I am soooo happy it is here and cuz the sound and playability is fantastic, I do not care some scratches etc ... Pegs are superb, turning smooth and holding very very well. For me the wood looks very nice, same does the finish on thumba. I also like the penwork is dark brown rather than black ... just have to retie some two pardas ... okay, will better send you a link to some pictures I just have taken. http://yak-a-co.rajce.idnes.cz/R._A._Sitarmaker_kharaj_teak
PS: I did not take photo of the thumbi, cuz they have send a spunwood one not matching the instrument ... Ayub told me he is very sorry, that it was a mistake by a packager in his workshop and that he will send my thumba in next parcel, so lets see ... Just to be complete: the sitar cost me 30,000 INR, 13,000 INR was for TNT air shipping and he gave me doublegourd Nirmal case for free ...
THANK YOU ALL !!!
Jan
zachbram

Reply with quote  #44 
what a beauty.
AllenDS

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "zachbram"
what a beauty.
I agree!

-Allen

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.