INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
beenkar

Reply with quote  #1 
Venue- THE RAMAKRISHNA MISSION INSTITUTE OF CULTURE,
Golpark, Kolkata

2.03.12 -1st day
1. Sukhdev Chaturvedi - Vocal Dhrupad, Pakhawaj accompaniment – Mohanshyam Sharma.
2. Pt Ramashish Pathak – Pakhawaj solo , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Anil Chaudhary, Sarangi         accompaniment – Asif Ali Khan.
3. Pt Kartik Kumar – Surbahar recital , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Manik Munde.

3.03.12 2nd day:
1. Fayaz Wasifuddin Dagar – Vocal dhrupad , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Mohanshyam                 Sharma.
2. Suvir Misra – Rudra Veena recital, Pakhawaj accompaniment – Apurbalal Manna.
3. Pt Abhaynarayan Mallick – vocal dhrupad , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Pt Ramashish         Pathak, Sarangi accompaniment – Asif Ali Khan
4.03.12 3rd day:
1. Pt Ravishankar Upadhyay – Pakhawaj solo , Sarangi accompaniment – Asif Ali Khan.
2. Nirmalya Dey – vocal dhrupad , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Manik Munde.
3. Pushpraj Koshti – Surbahar recital , Pakhawaj accompaniment – Mohanshyam Sharma.

05.03.12 4th day:
Lecture-demonstration –
1. Falguni Mitra, Pakhawaj accompaniment – Apurbalal Manna.
2. Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar, vocal accompaniment – Nirmalya Dey, Pakhawaj accompaniment         – Manik Munde.

starting 6:00 p.m

ragamala

Reply with quote  #2 
Many thanks for that - I'd spotted something about the Mahotsav on the Sangeet Natak Academy site....

If I'd have known the dates I would have stayed in India longer.

Which raises the question of 2013 - I see the event took place in April last year, now beginning of March - is there any indication of what might happen next year? As Dhrupad Mela in Varanasi is later because of the falling of Mahashivaratri.... As you'll appreciate a trip to India to attend music fests needs some advance planning,

Sorry I didn't catch you to speak to at Varanasi, you had your hands full carrying out your rudra veena and I didn't want too impose,
Alan
beenkar

Reply with quote  #3 
Alan,
I am an early sleeper and an early riser and was almost half sleep by the time I was on the stage around 2:45 am.So full marks to all those lovers of dhrupad and veena who stayed and listened till the very end. I think we are going to see some more festivals like these in the near future. It all depends upon how the support and encouragement keeps on coming from the practitioners or students but also the educated listeners. Can't say about other festivals but Dhrupad Mela is going to stay for long and 2013 would certainly be better and bigger.

fossesitar

Reply with quote  #4 
I have the hope - maybe it is more like a dream - that
I will be attending both of these festivals next year with
my carbon fiber creations and my amplifiers in tow. GF
beenkar

Reply with quote  #5 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.