INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
gamera123

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Friends,

One of my all time favourite bhol is below, which is used extensively is several Tukras.

DhereDhere KareTake TakeTe Dha X3

I play the last phrase "TaKeTe" as follows all on Shiyaee: Ta(3 fingers played like Tak), Ke (normal), Te (Ring and Pinky)

I have also see it played where the Ta is the 1st finger.

Can you folks comment on which way you prefer?

I have also seen the phrase played as below:

DhereDhere KareTake TireKire Dha X3

Difference is the last phrase where TakeTe is replaced with TiraKire.

Any preferences? Do you find it is composition based?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the above.

Have a nice day friends.

Amarjit.
Benarsidass

Reply with quote  #2 
It's common to play that line (takete dha) both ways. The 3-finger (or 4-finger) tak was the main way that I learned it, but using the index finger is also common, and is easier at higher speeds. That's a common substitute fingering in lot of composition. By the way, I think most players would speak the whole line as dheradhera kitataka takita dha (I'm not familiar with the bol "karetaka").

Dheradhera kitataka tirakita dha is a different bol, so yes, it's composition based. In the first line, takete is in adilay (3:1) while the rest is 4:1.
gamera123

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Benarsidass"
It's common to play that line (takete dha) both ways. The 3-finger (or 4-finger) tak was the main way that I learned it, but using the index finger is also common, and is easier at higher speeds. That's a common substitute fingering in lot of composition. By the way, I think most players would speak the whole line as dheradhera kitataka takita dha (I'm not familiar with the bol "karetaka").

Dheradhera kitataka tirakita dha is a different bol, so yes, it's composition based. In the first line, takete is in adilay (3:1) while the rest is 4:1.
Thanks very much for your reply.

KaraTaka is played the same as KitaTaka. At higher speeds it is easier to the the "r" than the "t". It is the way I was taught to write it.

Thanks again!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.