INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
povster

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi David,

I've noticed it seems to take some time for sent Private Messages I have sent to appear in the Sent Box and have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a standard amount of time to wait from when a PM is sent to when it appears in the Sent box?

2) Is the PM actually sent to and recieved by the recipeint immediately, or does the time it appears in my Sent box also reflect the time it appears in the reciepients inbox?

Thanks as always for these forums, David!

Michael

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I will look into it, However it would be helpfull if you tell me what kind of delays we are talking about. Are we talking seconds, min, hours?

Peace and Solidarity

David Courtney
povster

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "david"
I will look into it, However it would be helpfull if you tell me what kind of delays we are talking about. Are we talking seconds, min, hours?

Peace and Solidarity

David Courtney
Let's test it. I will send you a PM as soon as I post this.

Late Breaking News: PM sent to you at 10:16PM Pacific Time

Update: 10:46PM - nothing showing in my Sent box as yet. Will check periodically until around midnight.

Next update: Just noticed the Outbox and see both the one I sent you at 10:16 and one I sent about 5:15PM today sitting there. Is there some sort of timer that schedules outbox PMs to be processed?

Town Crier's last cry: Well it is a five after midnight and the messages are still waiting in the Outbox, apparantly waiting for something to kick off. So looks like defintiely ours. Mabye daze? Perhaps weaks? Lettuce see what happens next!

Hmmm - still up so last check. 1:06AM and no change in the PM staus. Still nothing in sent and still 2 in Outbox.

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I checked the delay and it turned out to be EXACTLY 2 hours dely in being sent. I doubt that it is a coincidence that it should be so exact so something is going on her. But at present i do not know what it is. I shall look into it.

Peace

David Courtney
povster

Reply with quote  #5 
David - the test PM I sent you is finally out of my Outbox and in my Sent. However, the PM I sent at 5:16PM on Sunday (to another forumite) is not in my Sent and still sitting in the Outbox.
povster

Reply with quote  #6 
All PMs are now out of my outbox and in sent. Including one I sent at 9:20AM Pacific Time today. Interesting.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.