INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
fossesitar

Reply with quote  #1 
I have made some new friends since moving to southern Arizona. One of them is an artist and also a woodworker, who has a large studio/workshop in a historic building in Bisbee that was formerly the Morales Grocery and Meat Store. He started hosting a gathering/jam of local musicians about a month ago so I took the latest Ultra II down with my small Vox amp and played.

The taraf were subtle but prominent as were all the intertwined overtones. I had the blend control set just slightly on the taraf side of the center detent (a little more taraf compared to main strings) and it was like getting lost in a mirrored pool of sound. Great people down here, many musicians and there was a very positive response to the instrument and the sound .... This sitar will end up in Jordan next month since my customer in Philadelphia was recently retained to be an economic advisor to the Kingdom of Jordan's Royal Family. GF
CarbonSitars

Reply with quote  #2 
I loved going out to the Bisbee/Tombstone area when I was going to school out there in Ft. Huachuca back in my Army days. It's so scenic! Really neat community.

I'm glad to see people investing in your instrument. It has such enormous potential.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.