INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
NaadaYoga

Reply with quote  #1 
This sarod case was custom made in the USA for a Hemen sarod. It is in excellent condition and will definitely withstand the stress of modern air travel while protecting the sarod. The outside measures 47 5/8" wide, 10 1/4" high, and 14 to 12 3/4 " deep. If features steel reinforced corners and edges plus 1" padding on the inside. It can definitely accommodate a sarod that is 44-45" long with a skin covered bowl that is 12" wide. There is a slight depression for the brass tumba and 2 foam pads keep the sarod from bouncing and jamming the bridge against the skin.
See pictures here http://picasaweb.google.com/naadayoga/CustomSarodCase#

Asking $400. It's located in Chapel Hill, NC.
ratnavo

Reply with quote  #2 
Well..quite eyeopening how sarod cases that we can get conveniently @ Rs.5000 at Kolkata can sell at 400$ (Approx. 20,000 rupees) and that also second hand...but I guess thats business..any takers?
arnabsarod

Reply with quote  #3 
I would buy this case if I could afford it. From its build and fittings, it looks every bit worth the $400 its owner is asking!
dobro

Reply with quote  #4 
Ratnavo, you have to understand things that cost one thing in calcutta cost another when its imported to the US
If i deduce your statement then the case would cost me over 2000 dollars. 1500 dollars for the air ticket to calcutta, 200 dollars mics expenses, 100 dollars for the extra luggage fees and 200 dollars of the case.
400 dollars is a great price for a case like this one! (for the US)
NaadaYoga

Reply with quote  #5 
This case was made specifically to withstand modern day air travel according to USA specs. As airlines use more machinery to deal with cargo, it's important to have a case where the sarod is protected from other baggage slamming against it. For example it has high-density foam, not the lower density foam used in most fiberglass cases coming out of India. It has definitely withstood the test of air travel -- never a problem with the sarod when this case was used.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.