INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
paulrottman

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a beautiful, high quality, hand hammered brass bayan. I am quite pleased with it, but wonder if it would be worth the cost (around $300) for a top quality COPPER bayan. Would the copper bayan make THAT much of a difference. I get good sustain and tones from my brass drum, (when the weather is warm/humid) but I'm always in search of the best quality instruments. Thanks.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #2 
$300/- ? Thats over priced i guess. We sell 4.5 - 4.7 KG H/H Pro Copper Bayan with Shipment for just $195/-. If you are interested Contact me.

-U
gurdip

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sohummusicals"
$300/- ? Thats over priced i guess. We sell 4.5 - 4.7 KG H/H Pro Copper Bayan with Shipment for just $195/-. If you are interested Contact me.

-U
I might be out line, but i'm curious to know, who is over priced? The person selling from India for 8,800/- rupees or the person in the US for, in this case $100.00 profit? :roll:

IMHO, I don't that was a fair statement, but I guess that's what forums are for!

hbajpai

Reply with quote  #4 
Well, technically there is the shipping element. In any event, 300 for me too much unless they are very special bayans.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #5 
Ofcourse the Person in USA. Dear Mr Gurdip...?
ever Considered Shipping the Bayan with DHL from Mumbai to USA. How much does it cost?
any idea? I guess not. it costs 4,500Rs. So that is 8800Rs - 4500Rs = 4300/-(Cost of Bayan).If I charge 8800 for the Total cost(including shipment) its pretty cheap.You need to do your studies gurdip. You have many friends In mumbai so why not do a research and tell the forum, for how much do they sell a Pro Copper Bayan 4.5 KG in Mumbai for retail.
They all sell it for more than Rs 5000/- In Mumbai. I sell it even cheaper to a Person Outside India. it means I earn even lesser profit shipping it outside India.
But I know how much profit you make selling it from Canada. its not just 100$, because you dont buy it for 5000/- from Mumbai, you buy it cheaper saying its a Wholesale deal... Right? :roll: More over, the Shipping cost is very less considering you are using Ocean freight. :roll:
I dont Interfere in anyone's Deal but I wont tolerate if someone talk Bullshit about me.

Cheers :wink:

U
Quote:
Originally Posted by "gurdip"
Quote:

-U
I might be out line, but i'm curious to know, who is over priced? The person selling from India for 8,800/- rupees or the person in the US for, in this case $100.00 profit? :roll:

IMHO, I don't that was a fair statement, but I guess that's what forums are for!
paulrottman

Reply with quote  #6 
Okay,
All this arguing about price is pretty silly if you ask me. sohummusicals, I am interested in a pro copper bayan for $195. I've been searching for months now and it's very hard to find (for me in Chicago IL.) a price that good. I would want to see a picture or two first. Also, I will only pay via Paypal to insure secure payment. Get back to me and maybe we can do business. Thank you.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #7 
mail me at sohum[dot]tabla[at]gmail[dot]com
gurdip

Reply with quote  #8 
ever Considered Shipping the Bayan with DHL from Mumbai to USA. How much does it cost?
any idea? I guess not. it costs 4,500Rs. So that is 8800Rs - 4500Rs = 4300/-(Cost of Bayan).If I charge 8800 for the Total cost(including shipment) its pretty cheap.You need to do your studies gurdip. You have many friends In mumbai so why not do a research and tell the forum, for how much do they sell a Pro Copper Bayan 4.5 KG in Mumbai for retail.
They all sell it for more than Rs 5000/- In Mumbai. I sell it even cheaper to a Person Outside India. it means I earn even lesser profit shipping it outside India.
But I know how much profit you make selling it from Canada. its not just 100$, because you dont buy it for 5000/- from Mumbai, you buy it cheaper saying its a Wholesale deal... Right? :roll: More over, the Shipping cost is very less considering you are using Ocean freight. :roll:
I dont Interfere in anyone's Deal but I wont tolerate if someone talk Bullshit about me.

U

Drama, Drama, Sorry to offend Mr. U-. Perhaps you forgot our meeting about 3 years ago... I'm very well aware of the costs associated with logisictics out of India, i'm also very well aware of the the business ethics that go along with that. I don't think I need to explain any further on this subject.

Don't really know how to answer your posting without going off topic, But you already did that, with your approach of Used Car salesman.

'Chill out dude'...have a Kalinga or Lassi or somthing...don't get so hot-headed, no-one is knocking your product that your peddling. Just think how many people you piss off when you side step the retailer in North America by offering them direct deals...even worse when you supply some of those stores.

Just trying to keep it Real...

sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Quote:

U

Drama, Drama, Sorry to offend Mr. U-. Perhaps you forgot our meeting about 3 years ago... I'm very well aware of the costs associated with logisictics out of India, i'm also very well aware of the the business ethics that go along with that. I don't think I need to explain any further on this subject.

Don't really know how to answer your posting without going off topic, But you already did that, with your approach of Used Car salesman.

'Chill out dude'...have a Kalinga or Lassi or somthing...don't get so hot-headed, no-one is knocking your product that your peddling. Just think how many people you piss off when you side step the retailer in North America by offering them direct deals...even worse when you supply some of those stores.

Just trying to keep it Real...
Used Car Salesman ???
I'm not selling any Second hand stuff to my customers. I'm making all the instruments fresh and shipping them. Secondly, I thought the price was too high so I offered a person a better deal. Needless to say, a customer always checks 10 places before buying an instrument. If you see a post on the forum of a customer asking for something, you surely approach him saying I would like to help you. May be I made it sound too loud by approaching him. I'm not hot headed but you really seem to have pissed off because I mentioned the fact ? I only gave explanation to your claim, how the cost comes to Rs.8800/- and the Fact is, I dont even earn 25% of it as Profit. :roll:
-U
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "paulrottman"
Okay,
All this arguing about price is pretty silly if you ask me. sohummusicals, I am interested in a pro copper bayan for $195. I've been searching for months now and it's very hard to find (for me in Chicago IL.) a price that good. I would want to see a picture or two first. Also, I will only pay via Paypal to insure secure payment. Get back to me and maybe we can do business. Thank you.
you'll go great with upendra. his bayans are good. ask him.......he is professional and there are not problems with upendra.

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
Vivek

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Just think how many people you piss off when you side step the retailer in North America by offering them direct deals
Look, I don't know how many people he "pisses off" by doing this, but it's completely obvious in this case that the customer is not one of them. The customer would obviously prefer a bayan at a lower price, and what Upendra has done is therefore in his best interests.

That being said, I think we'd all appreciate if you both settled this argument outside this public forum.

- Vivek

Reply with quote  #12 
I don't see why there should be any complications here. I asked a simple question, Upendra offered me a great deal on EXACTLY what I was looking for at a price that I could not find elsewhere (and I have been looking for a single, copper bayan for under $300 for months).
I have been in contact with Upendra and, so far I am very pleased with his courtesy and communication. He sent me high quality pictures of different styles of bayans for me to choose from. To the best of my knowledge, he is currently in the process of making the drum to my exact specifications. I am very glad he contacted me, and I cannot wait to play the bayan he makes for me. Thank you, Upendra. I see no conflict of interest here, lest the conflicted be a retailer/wholesaler who cannot compete with your product(s) and acts upon his/her envy.
paulrottman

Reply with quote  #13 
P.S. And, Vivek, you are absolutely correct. The customer is happy, and this argument is absurd. Thank you for your posts.
tablafreak

Reply with quote  #14 
Just me 2 cents.

Ive bought from both Upendra and Gurdip. Both have good items at a good price. But, i will have to say, that by dealing with updendra, you have the ability to customize your order because he is actually making the drum. I would suggest going with updendra.

Reply with quote  #15 
I just wanted to notify the community that I have just received my custom made Bayan from Upendra, and it is by far THE BEST drum in my collection! He included 2 beautiful covers (one for the bayan itself, and one for a dayan), 8 wooden dowels, and a nylon bag - none of which I expected - and for no additional cost! I am so happy that Upendra contacted me and offered me such a great deal. I would recommend his services to anyone and everyone! He kept me updated constantly while in the manufacturing process, sent me pictures and video clips of the drum once he was finished to make sure that the sound and appearance was to my liking, and all this before even requesting payment! Shipping only took a few days - unlike some other places on Ebay, for example, where I've waited over 6 weeks for a product to arrive. Packaging was tight and secure, and I'm just thrilled at the look and sound of this bayan. The nickle-plated copper and hand-hammered marks makes the drum shine brilliantly. Looks like a mirror ball. Just gorgeous! The sound is warm, deep, and long sustaining. Exactly what I was looking for in a bayan.
Please, if anybody wants a professional tabla drum made to your exact specifications and for an extraordinarily reasonable price, look no further than Sohum Enterprises! Contact Upendra at: sohum.tabla@gmail.com. Thanks Upendra!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.